Hi All! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I've been looking at a lot of sites and seeing a lot of different things...

What happens if you put to many words in the title and meta tags? Will the search engine disqualify you?

Also what if you repeat words more than three times in the keyword phrases? Will the search engine disqualify you?

I guess what I'm trying to find out is are there any meta tag hoaxes?

Thanks and Love You!
    HumbleFish

ABW Ambassador
    Another Q :

How many times is too many times for the same keywords to appear in the text of a page ?

If it appears as a heading, bolded text, in sentences, strings of words seperated by commas within the text and as part of link titles , but the page also contains a lot of other text, will that most likely get indexed as "spam", or "relevent" content to the keyword ?

I would really love to know the answers to these puzzling questions , as I work on building a mega monster of a site that may very well take the rest of my life [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Lisa

Hi Lisa, no answers yet. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Well anyways, what I've been noticeing is that some sites between the title tags have text running all the way across the top of the browser... But when I go to the neighborhood "how to make your website search engine friendly" site they tell you that you can only use something like 60 caracters?... What's up with that?

If you use to many words in the meta and title tags doesn't the search engine just pull the maximum words that it can handle and leave the rest alone or does it reject the page?

Is anyone out there (insert ecco here)?

Thanks and Love You!
    HumbleFish

meta tags are relavent to each search engine individually. Some love repeat words, and your site can be totally non html compliant and they will put you on top of the listings. Others require it to be gods gift to perfection. While others completely ignor that, read the title and content of the page and call it good. They change almost quarterly these days, so watch what's happening. Also, don't get impatient, at times they operate in slow motion. The best thing you can do is build several versions of the same site, just keep in mind, a real human being will eventually see it, and the version the engine likes may not be the best one to show, so make sure there is a link the the "real" site prominently displayed.

Thanks Brian Millar. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Anyone else?

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread