Has anyone heard of these guys http://www.i-web-marketing.com or used them? They say they will send 10,000 unique targeted visitors for $99. I am always very skeptical of such claims, event though they are so tempting....

ABW Ambassador
    WOW - it sounds awefully tempting - but after my last experience with another similar company I'm kind of leary to try it. I'll probably try it in a few months after I have some money burn. Let me know how it goes if anyone trys the service.

That sounds familiar. Weren't they one of the pop-under sites reviewed in that AssociatePrograms article in another thread?

I can't find the thread now.

I found it. Here's a snippet from that review:

Here are the results:
    http://www.i-web-marketing.com
    Bought 20,000 unique visitors for $149
    We registered 12,032 impressions.
    Subscriptions 53
    $149 / 53 = $2.81
    Cost per subscriber $2.81 http://www.EasySiteHits.com
    Bought 10,000 for $89.95
    (split into two categories, marketing and webmasters)
    Marketing category
    We registered 4,272 impressions
    Subscriptions 5
    Cost per subscriber $9

Maybe they are a bit better than EasySiteHits, but still a severe underperformer. At least in this test.

Thanks, Heather. I thought they sounded familiar. I can't keep all of these sites with wild claims straight!

Someone outta start a site. Haiko?

Oh yeah! He already did. Didn't he?

Would these reports on traffic sources make sense on the Merchant Watch site?

I purchased visitors from another company that sounded TGTBT and it was.

The source of this traffic or hits is usually one of those rate this sites where they take your url and auto feed it into a tiny little table with 4 other sites.

Nobody really sees your site but it's called from the server and counts as a hit.

Heather, did you contact them about a refund? They say they'll give you one of you don't receive all of the traffic you purchased. I suppose it comes down to your stats count vs. theirs, eh?

Another "e-book download" looking site. Usual scam. 0 Pagerank. Bots for traffic. Ignore. Move on.

Hi evilbob,

I agree with your conclusion, but I wouldn't trust PageRank these days. Alexa numbers might be more trustworthy. Alexa shows these guys to be in the range that I would expect. They are ranked 139,851. Compare that to my top 3 traffic sources:

Overture #222
    FindWhat #3,955
    TargetBlaster #34,028
    These guys: #139,851

They are obviously smaller than the well-known outfits, but they aren't the #13,451,123 that I might expect from one of those hit-bot scam sites.

Don't get me wrong... I would stay away from these guys. But, I wouldn't trust Google PageRank to give me a decent number to evaluate them with the current state of Google.

I would't exactly trust alexa either.

I have one site ranked at 70,000 on alexa that get's maybe 100 visits a week.

Another site ranked some odd million gets about 2000 per day. :rolleyes: :confused:

Something isn't right about their reporting.

Heather, regarding those 53 subscriptions you got from the 12,000 or so impressions, were they paid subscriptions, where the customer had to cough up cash, or free subscriptions? I talked to the guy who runs i-web-marketing and he's willing to give me a 1/2 price trial run. 53 paid subscriptions sounds okay. Freebies not so much.

Hi Hershey,

You must have misunderstood me. All I did was copy/paste that snippet from another thread on this forum. In that thread, there is a copy/paste by someone else of a newsletter published by AssociatePrograms. I am very far removed from that review. You would have to trace it back to the actual reviewer and ask them that question.

However, it was one of the worst sites in that review. If you are insistent on trying something like this, why don't you read the whole review and try one of the sites that did perform first.

Like I said... That review is right here in this forum in another thread. Perhaps someone who knows how can post a link to that thread in this one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>evilbob Another "e-book download" looking site. Usual scam. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ouch.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Heather, sorry to have bothered you. Just thought it was your test. I won't ask you anymore questions.

Shareasale are giving me a visitor for about 0.6 cents, is that good?

Hi Hershey,

No bother. I just can't answer your question because it wasn't my test.

Hi WebSearchEngines,

I guess that's a good price for one visitor. How much for two? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Seriously, I don't know if it really matters how much you pay per visitor. It's your cost of sales that really matters.

It is entirely possible to pay $1 per visitor and close 10% of them for a cost of sales of ony $10. With another traffic source, you may only pay 1/10th of a cent per visitor, but spend $100 before you get the first sale. In my opinion, I would prefer the first source of traffic.

What is your COS with Shareasale? How does it compare with other well known sources of traffic? If favorably, please tell me more. How much does it cost to get started? What pitfalls have you overcome with them? Etc...

heh heh, point taken...

It costs 150 dollars to set up (20% per transaction)... pitfalls, I havn't put the selling part in place yet, just practising with them right now. Dunno if I'd use them to sell actually.

Does anyone have any actual experience using this service? If so did the traffic convert?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hershey:
    Has anyone heard of these guys http://www.i-web-marketing.com or used them? They say they will send 10,000 unique targeted visitors for $99. I am always very skeptical of such claims, event though they are so tempting....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Hershey,
    I have recently paid for and received 10,000 visitors to my site. :rolleyes:
    I my disappointment, only approx. 100 actually viewed a page or two. The rest recorded 0 min. and 0 sec. on my site. It is a 'pop-under' system. This I did not know or I would have designed an In-your-Face page instead of using my default.htm page. Which at that time was a bit heavy to load. Heck, the Ad did not say how the visitors will be brought to your site, just a guarantee of number. Between two different site monitors on the same page, I calculated that I was receiving the 10 thousand. The monitors couldn't keep up the pase of 1500 per day. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] NO SALES, NOT ONE :confused: The visitors were from around the world with the largest hits from outside the USA. And I don't have a money converter in my shopping cart.
    Oh well, live and learn. If I had a choice of markets, I'd do it again but also be ready for it.
    Annette [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread