Hi everyone,

I know that in the past Joann.com got some very bad reviews here for being associated with parasites as well as cutting affiliate commisions.

That aside, I am curious if there is anyone here using them? If so, I would very much like to talk with you. I have had some strange things happening with converions rates and you know misery loves company!

Thanks in advance.

You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    --Mark Twain

bump

--Mark Twain

I have had nothing but the greatest success with them. What are you having difficulty with?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I've had good luck with them, although not "the greatest" success. But they're not bad in terms of number of transactions. My only complaint is that they sell so much CHEAP stuff! One of my commissions from there was all of 20c!

Of course, they also have sewing machines and other expensive things, but they have a LOT of cheap items. So don't get too excited if your report gets full of Joann transactions...

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

I make a few sales with them every month. Not in my top ten or anything but I have no complaints.

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

ABW Ambassador
    now I have actually started promoting them more, I have made some steady sales, today i had one and the commission was $10, so thats not bad is it??

all adds up at the end of the month.

*** And people say I'm just a housewife!!! ha ha ***

ABW Ambassador
    They're great, especially when you use the 40% off single item coupons, free shipping coupons etc. If you have a product link site, and add this coupon along with the product link, you should convert like crazy.

Edited, just checked stats for Sept, converting at 1 in 11.

quote:
    today i had one and the commission was $10, so thats not bad is it??

Nothing bad about $10!

The cheap stuff happens when, for instance, someone finds that special color of thread or some other thing essential to their project that they can't get in the local store. So they go ahead and buy a $2 spool despite the shipping fee. Presto, 18 cent commission!

quote:
    all adds up at the end of the month.

True! I just would have aimed differently if I knew people would really go ahead and buy a $2 item without padding up the order with more things to make the shipping more reasonable.

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

Ok, let me cut straight to the chase then. Can anyone share what your conversion rates with them are? I had an awesome August and 1st half of September with them but conversion is almost non-existant now. My sales are down by %60 and no-one seems to have an explanation. Still placing well in the serps and still generating the same number of clicks.

This all happened on the 15th immediately following my best day ever with them. I am looking for anyone whose either seeing the same or willing to talk about existing conversion rates,

Thanks a bunch!

--Mark Twain

Swampy_Webber,

There sale just died. They had an awesome shipping and % off sale. Its over sales are back to normal. Swampy_Webber you need to stay on top of things!

SandraR,

I have been 'staying on top of things' I don't think I can explain HOW BIG my change has been. Their AM is even baffled by it. If the sale accounted for THIS change I'd be amazed.

--Mark Twain

ABW Ambassador
    Are you using posting the coupon codes on your site?

"The successful man is the average man, focused."

1.1% CR on one site and 2.5% on another. (Looks like some spin needs to be improved on that first one...)

I don't know about performance on particular days exactly, but there were more sales at the beginning of the month. Just how many more I'm not sure (I pay more attention to merchants where I usually get bigger transactions), but I have noticed less transactions of theirs flying across the radar lately.

Trust,

Yes, I am. I have added some more but the change was obviously on th 15th. I guess SOME of that could be a sale if they had a sale that ended the 15th but I just don't think it all is.

Leader,

Thanks a lot! I am seeing somewhere in the area of your first (1.1%) but I think YOU might even be shocked if I showed what I dropped from. As a matter of fact, I sent a PM.

Thanks again. It is great knowing that you folks are here to help think through issues.

--Mark Twain

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread