From the advice I have received at ABW I streamlined my site and all that. Google apparently recongized this effort as yesterday I got a higher page ranking and went further up in their listings with my keywords.

I was happy. Today I went to look again and my page ranking is back where it was and I can't find my pages on any of my keywords, but I got some of my back links back. OK

Just now I checked again. I have lost some page ranking. My back links are gone. And a few of my keywords are back where they were the first time I checked after googling began.

I've seen comments that this shuffling craziness will continue indefinitely while others have suggested it will settle a bit in a few days.

My question would be the following: At what point do I look at my page ranking and keyword search status and say OMG I'm out of luck?

Any thoughts are appreciated as I have not been paying much attention to google until recently.

Thanks.

ABW Ambassador
    I wouldn't be too concerned -- the old index seems to be back... just the dance continuing on...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>My question would be the following: At what point do I look at my page ranking and keyword search status and say OMG I'm out of luck?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In about a week. This is how long I'll wait because I've noticed that's how long a "google dance" lasts.

Thanks for the reassurance Cedric and Rik. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Yeah, I'm back to where I was the first day AFTER and I have some of my back links back.

I think I'll go start another web site. This google dance is making me aggitated. I'll check 'em in a week.

Or maybe in the morning. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Thanks again.

[manual spell checker]

[ 02-21-2002: Message edited by: Planetwide Exodus ]

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread