ABW Ambassador
    Anyone else notice that Road Runner Sports (online shoes) has now joined CJ.com in addition to their current location at performics.com? We have worked with them for two years and much prefer cj to performics interface AND do a lot more business with CJ so we went to switch over and join at CJ.

They emailed us and said we cannot switch because they added CJ ONLY for new partners and don't want people to switch over!

Is this ethical or legal? It seems like it should be the partners choice which network they would prefer to use and that reliability, payment and other factors should be left up to the invidivual partner not the merchant. If you are approved and generating good sales for them it should be YOUR choice.

I agree .. it should be the affiliates choice of what network works best for their needs if 2 or more networks are available to choose from.

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board: Category: Programming / Coding

ABW Ambassador
    That is dumb. What a way to alienate their affiliates.

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

ABW Ambassador
    I'm doing good with them at Performics and applied at CJ and was accepted. Don't know why they sometimes do this. COMPUSA did pretty much the same thing, i convert good with them at Performics and applied at CJ and was turned down. who knows.

"The successful man is the average man, focused."

ABW Ambassador
    Drop the program at Performics and apply over at CJ.

IamJaloppy

ABW Ambassador
    TrustNo1 - Wow that is even more frustrating that yours went through and ours did not! That is even more reason to invalidate their response as bogus.

I have put in a call to the AM there and emailed them. I may call them back now once again.

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself and make sure that we take care of you.

My name is Dan Bock, Manager of the Road Runner Sports affiliate program. The last thing we wanted to do was alienate or offend anyone.

First off I am surprised that there can be such a preferential difference between the two programs. Our intent was to add a supplemental program to our already successful Performics program so we positioned ourselves to add new affiliates only. However, quick learning lesson for us. It’s your choice. If you were declined, please go ahead and reapply and we’ll take care of you. In addition, please give me a call at 858-974-4316 as well so we can strengthen our relationship moving forward. I'd like to hear your thoughts in person.

We look forward to speaking to you and thanks for the comments.

Dan Bock
    858-974-4316
    Rrscjaffiliate@roadrunnersports.com

ABW Ambassador
    Hello Dan,

I have you through Performics and will testify that I prefer Performics ...for one, Norton Ad-Blocking Software doesn't erase your textual links through them.

I hope you won't cancel your program at Performics.

ABW Ambassador
    kelly626 - It is good to hear all sides, indeed which part of why I posted this here. We have norton 2004 and the ad blocking software does not, I repeated, does not block any commission junction links. They go right through with no issue for us in our test.

When you have tested Norton Ad Blocking software, does the link even work at all?

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread