ABW Ambassador
    Hi all,

If you have a good ranking in Google, you may want to check your keyword placement in Yahoo. When google was dancing, I checked my site placement. With 5 sites, I had 12 top 3 keyword listings. Last month I had one listing that was #2 so I did the happy dance. I went over to Yahoo to check and see where I would place there and there were no web site matches in 11 of the categories and the one there with web site matches only had 6 of those. All of my listings would be on the first page of Yahoo. More happy dance. Yeah, yeah!

And then ....

I went back to check them today to see if the google update had made it's way to Yahoo yet and WHAT to my wondering eyes appeared???? NO, not a fat man in a sleigh, but web site matches for all but 3 of my keyword listings. Not only that, but they just have the web site matches on the first page now. Not ANY matches from google.

One of my categories has 2 web site matches so all that's on the first page are the Overture top 5 listings and these two little web site matches. Where is my #2 google listing? If you guessed page 2 you would be correct. So now instead of being on pages that get a combined total of 3,200 hits per day on Yahoo. I am on pages that probably will get bupkus. This stinks.

Check your keywords.

Kip

Edited to correct typos.

[ 02-23-2002: Message edited by: Kip ]

ABW Ambassador
    hmmm... I'm seeing a mix. On less competitive phrases (20,000 hits at google), I see web page matches on the first page.

On more competitive (for example, 65,000 hits on google), I see web site matches on the first page... and my number one listing in Google means bupkus... but it always has.

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Cedric,

You may want to keep checking back on those others. For me, the 3 keyword listings that didn't show web site matches earlier on Yahoo is now down to 2.

Kip

Hi
    Well I now have a page ranking of 5 with Google and using some link checking software find that I now have at least 77 links to my site.

Each time Google does updates I seem to be getting better off. As for hits, well I have had 222 hits sine 1st Jan 2002 and for what my site is for thats not bad at all.

We are about to change and update a lot of startionary/adverts/cards at work and all will go out with the new URL on them so with any luck in my City area we may get the hit rate up.

Anyway, aint it fun with Google. You just dont know whats going too happen.

Regards John

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread