I don't like to brag [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] , but I am having a great month with the search engines. I have been getting hits on keywords that I didn't even think to use! One of the biggest referrers is Overture and I didn't even submit to them.

ABW Ambassador
    >One of the biggest referrers is Overture and I didn't even submit to them.

what?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Inktomi...

This has to be phrase that are missed by the Overture's fans..... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

is that why? :rolleyes: Is MSN using inkomi also? Link to me, Inktomi! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Here are some of the searches:
    this and then there is that.

I think a kind dmoz editor lurking around Abestweb helped me get the plumbing site in dmoz. Dmoz has really been a good referrer.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    I'm glad you guys pointed that out. I get hits from Overture frequently, but never knew why...that works for me [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    "Is MSN using inkomi also?~Domino"

Yep! But MSN puts their directory listings in first (I believe it's LookSmart), so if you're in a popular category, your Inktomi listings will be buried...

On the other hand, I read on here that AOL is only using Inktomi now (unconfirmed)! They used to have DMOZ directory listings...

Yes, those Web Directory Sites are indeed LookSmart directory listings. And on top of those, there will be a maximum of 3 Overture listings (on every page). And at the summit of MSN Search, there may be some Featured Sites (all "friends" of Bill, of course).

I also learnt from another forum that AOL might be going through an uncertain "patch" at the moment, as it appears some news/reports sites are pulled first on top of Inktomi listings. Not very good "news" for people like us.

And there would also be some AOL Keyword sites on top of those as well, though I am not sure what they are exactly. And on top of these, in turn, are 3 Overture listings, again. But at the very top, are AOL Recommended Sites, don't know what these are, and how they got there, only know I won't ever make it there. :rolleyes:

Cheers,
    TianTian

[ 02-25-2002: Message edited by: TianTian ]

I am getting a ton of traffic from AOL thru the Inktomi engine.

Best money I spent so far this year business wise

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread