ABW Ambassador
    Hi
    Advice please and your experiences with WP Gold. I have been optimizing pages using the page critic in WP Gold and submitting. I am now getting some of the "optimised" pages in Google which is where I targetted my optimisation. For my keyword phrase, I dont rank in the top 50. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] For another keyword I rank 20. :cool:

Does anyone have any advice on how best to use WP Gold. I would rather persevere for a while rather than throwing it out - it was expensive (and the page critic is about the only tool I am using).

If I cannot get this thing to work, I am going to write my own software for analysing/creating optimised pages. Anyone interested? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Thanks for comments

Andy

Google needs reciprocal linking for a really great position.

Is your target phrase in your title?

I

Hi Andy,

I'd say keep it, since you are only using the Page Critic.

I actually used an outdated version (never paid anything for the Monthly Knowledge Base Updates) to optimize a Geocities site specifically for Google a long time ago, and surprise, surprise, it is now a Top 10 listing there for a couple of keyword phrases. I did not use any linking strategy, only followed the WPG recommendation to the letter. I haven't used it for anything else since then. Maybe it's time to re-install.

I believe WPG certainly has its uses, if we steer clear of its Auto Submitter and maybe even the Reporter. I'm sure you've heard of all the horror stories around a year ago regarding Google and WPG.

And oh, if you do write your own software, I sure wouldn't mind testing it for you, ahem. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Cheers,
    TianTian

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Icicle
    I realise this, and I suspect that this page was indexed so quickly because Google found it from my other site links.
    I realise this could be a major factor, but I have other pages at #1 - #10 at Google with very little reciprocal linking. I guess it all depends on the competition for keywords.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Icicle:
    Google needs reciprocal linking for a really great position.

Is your target phrase in your title?

I
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, my keyword is in all the correct places. I have looked at the top ranking page at Google with Web Position Page crtic, and it seems that there are so many things wrong with it that according to WebPosition Gold it should not be there. Makes me wonder about how useful it really is.

I was wondering, does anyone one know the best engine to optimize for so that the page does better in all engines? A sort of generic optimization?

thanks again

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    TianTian
    Will keep you posted about the software. Would like it to be similar to page critic except that my program will go directly to the SE you want to optimize for and look at top ranking pages first, before giving advice. Advice will be keyword/competition dependent and based on features of top ranking page(s). This way, no monthly updates like webposition - the program updates every time in critiques a page for you. Possibly even building templates for your pages.

Will keep you posted. If you have any ideas let me know.

Andy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TianTian:
    And oh, if you do write your own software, I sure wouldn't mind testing it for you, ahem. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    Cheers,
    TianTian
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread