ABW Ambassador
    Now my web host server is down and All 50 of my sites are down - just freakin GREAT!!!

Looks like I won't make anything today. I hope they fix it within the next few hours. Man, it's always something!!!! I think I'll take this time and take my kids out to breakfast. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

50 sites? Wow. We have 25 and have them spread across 5 servers just to avoid what you are experiencing. If one server goes down, at least we have 4 others up and running (or so we hope). I hope yours comes back online soon.

So sorry! Give them HECK!

Jada,

You need to have more than one host. That way if the Murphy Laws comes a calling you aren't totally out of business until the problems get fixed.

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah your right - I guess I need to research and find another reliable host. what is the name of that sites that reviews and rates hosting services??

ABW Ambassador
    Jada...didn't you go through this a few months back...I thought it had all been resolved...Hope it gets worked out soon...

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    First, hope your sites are back up and running!

Second, I couldn't help but remember you saying that you had 3 sites hosed by Google. Did you only crosslink those 3?

[ 02-24-2002: Message edited by: Leader ]

http://www.webhostingtalk.com is the best "user" reviewed Web site for hosts and services.....

Are you talking 50 PAGES or 50 SITES.
    Did you make enough to buy 50 .com names all hosted on one server?

ABW Ambassador
    TH Media - I went through this about 6 months ago with no problems since.

My sites were back up within an hour. That was good. Maybe it was just a glitch.

Leader - I don't have any sites hosted with google - I didn't know they had hosting.

Corrina - I have 50 SITES. Some are free urls but I have about 20 domain names. And yes, my monthly COMMISSIONS Far exceed what it cost me to keep my business running. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Cost saving tip - I register my domain names with Godaddy.com for just $8.95 year.

I am beginning to branch out on another server. Thanks for all the advice.

[ 02-27-2002: Message edited by: JadaKiss ]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Jada--Not HOSTED by Google--hosed (ie, booted out, PageRank 0'd, dumped, etc) by Google!

I was surprised you have 50 sites because of how you reacted about the 3 sites being dumped by Google... and wondered if you did something different with just those 3, for them to be the only ones affected by the PR Zero.

BTW, glad your sites are back up.

[ 02-27-2002: Message edited by: Leader ]

I kept thinking about spreading the hosting, but just have disasterous times every time I try another host. At least my sites are on a couple of different servers at the one host. They had scheduled down time a couple of weeks ago for upgrading the mail servers.

Hope it doesn't happen again, Jada. Is this NT platform, and not *nix?

ABW Ambassador
    Leader I had 12 sites affected by googles 0 Link popularity bug. 8 of those sites are my big money makers. However, most of them are in yahoo and are still getting alot of traffic that way. The 50 sites include about 20 mini sites that don't make much money - maybe $100 - $200 a month each. The rest are my bread winner sites - bringing in the big bucks. I guess I'd have to say I have about 34 relevant money making sites.

I didn't really do anything different - but I think I went over the line with cross-linking. I cross linked about 18 of my sites together and I think somewhere along the way I cross linked the wrong site. I'm surprised they haven't all been affected. Luckily not.

But I've since started a new campaign and am not adding any new links to those sites that were affected - I've actually been taking some of the cross links down. However, I have to be careful because some of the sites still linked to these affected sites are still doing extremely well with several top 10 listings in google. It's very touchy.

Losing sites in google which had top 10 listings for about 80 keywords has been a loss of commissions. But fortunately I've been working hard and have been able to re-cop the loss by building more sites and getting more top listings in other relevant search engines. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-28-2002: Message edited by: JadaKiss ]

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread