ABW Ambassador
    I'm hoping someone has some experience with ah ha, and could give a thumbs up or down.

Also, before I signed up - I wanted to make sure they aren't affiliated with any scumware...

thanks

When I first saw them, I thought those logo links of theirs were a good idea. Give branding to your site. So I signed up. They hit the credit card for something like $19.95 per month if you have Logo Links turned on. It's more if you have more impressions displayed in any month, and it doesn't even matter if you get clicks on them or not. Needless to say they hit me one month, and I turned them off.

I deposited $25.00 some time in the first part of last year. Same keywords and descriptions that I used at Overture mind you, which eats through $25 in 10 days. I still have a balance that I'm waiting to clear out of my Ah-Ha account. Of course, they gave me $5.00 for Christmas.

Tracy

ABW Ambassador
    BAD BAD IDEA!!!

You cannot see your keywords reports online.

No big deal you think? Well, here is a little story....

I had been using them for months - never really paying attention because it was only a few dollars a day and it was on auto-replenish.

All of a sudden one month my billing goes thru the roof. I look at the daily costs report and see three days when traffic spiked tens times normal levels then return to the normal level.

If this were any other ppc service, you would just look at the report and see what keywords were involved.

Ah-ha, but this is ah-ah.com - there is no way to see what keywords were involved online. You have to email, phone, or beg them to generate a keywords report and send it to you so that you can look at it yourself and see how some punk cleaned you out.

What convienient timing for this thread.

Ah-Ha called me at home today. I was not home at the time, so I don't know exactly what they wanted, but I assume it was a sales pitch.

They called me too. And I was home. And it was a sales pitch for their new "Skyline" (I think that's what they called it) banner.

Blah ... Blah ... Blah ... unlike other banners ... Blah ... Blah ... Blah ...that disappear as people start scrolling down the page ... Blah ... Blah ... Blah ...

Aren't you glad you weren't home?

Yep!

I won't loose any sleep tonight over missing their call. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    HA-HA um, AH-ha, seems to have about ten viewers a day that actually click on anything.

I did find a way to get keyword reports up, you have to look under LogoLink Reporting! Then go to Keyword Search, choose the report order (I'd pick Click, Descending--if it got 0 clicks there's no point in looking), hit the "list all keywords" java-button, and the results come up.

Wow, 8 clicks for February (I was going through the Get Reports process as I wrote the above paragraph), for a term that would have brought me about 700 so far from OverSure!!! Ha ha ha ha ha AH-HA AH-HA AH-HA!!! And that's the MOST popular keyword there!

I tried their (regular-style) banner, too--their design was okay and it did bring a slight rise in traffic, but not enough more than TribalFusion to justify their price at the time.

LogoLinks--it's $9.95 if they show 15,000 imps a month or less, and $19.95 for more than 15,000 imps. But they have to have VIEWERS before that can do much...and they have less viewers than they used to. I notice that a lot of their little partners (and all they ever HAD was little partners) no longer appear in my stats. I don't know if they're a dodgy merchant, closed their aff. program, or what, but affiliates don't seem interested in having their search capability on their sites any more... when I looked at my reports I saw that they had only sent 330 or so hits to my pages despite the fact that I have tons of listings there! This is off quite a bit from about 6 months ago...

It's a dog. I was hoping they would grow into a major presence, but it doesn't look like it'll happen after all. In fact, I think I'll get rid of them when my money runs out! Of course, I'll probably be 80 by then...

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks everyone for the info on ah ha...yep they called my house today too!

I've never really even considered them before because I think they have a pretty high $$deposit to get started....,

just thought I'd see if they send any traffic, or at least enough to give me reason to fund an account. Guess not.

FWIW,
    onebox.com has a little voice messaging/fax service if you have an email addy there. Our new corporate persona has a spam box there, and I've been putting that little toll free message/fax number on all our accounts. Otherwise, merchants are lucky they get to speak with my business partner who is far more polite than I [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] , and a lawyer to boot [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] .

We use the Ah-ha XML feed for our new PPC search engine for listings behind our customers. As an affiliate I'm happy with them, but I'm not so sure I would advertise with them because of the cost of entry and time required. I'm also not too impressed with their flat rate pricing on the display ads. I think they need to focus more attention on building their user base, before they try selling more advertising.

Bob

We use them strictly for ppc key words and I'd give them a B- compared to others. No silly logo-links for me thank you!

If you know your profit levels then you can't lose on ppc.

The Ah-ha interface leaves "alot" to be desired I agree, it one of my least favorites as far as that goes.

But the bottom line is clicks.

I used Ah-Ha when I first put up my site and it was useless. I paid for the first position and after about a week, I'd only received about 2 clicks. They then charged me the next month for the logo links and I canned them. Lesson learned.

Morten from A - ha called me too today, but I still refused to buy their single.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread