Does anyone want to share their stats with us. I was never a big fan of banner exchange programs because I never was able to truly verify that I was receiving the impressions they claimed they were giving me. But if this is under you total control Haiko, I might consider joining the ABW program. I saw the click-through rates and they look very good. What kind of exposure are the banners receiving in terms of impressions/month?

seaslug44,

It is totally under my control so no funny business happens! I run daily reports to identify any suspicious activity and every week I give (at random) to a low traffic member 1,000 free impressions to spark some more traffic for them. Currently, I buy exposures on other sites and networks so that the members' sites can also have a wider reach. The sites I select for the additional distribution vary from private email sites, card sites to shopping sites, so we truly afford our members a great reach.

I don't know if anyone will share their stats but I can say that the backup default ad, in the rotation gets about 2,500 exposures a day. I put a Merchant in that slot and got 6 sales in a week [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] not too shabby [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I will also be launching an affiliate program for it as well as changing it to a more "generic" name and offering so that all members can offer it as a service and make commissions and earn additional credits.

Haiko

Sounds cool,

keep up the good work Haiko.

I'm sure everyone would agree you're doing great

Thanks Haiko. I am going to give it a try. When I get home tonight I'll enroll some of my sites.

Anyone have links to any of those free websites that allow you to compose your own professional-looking banners?

Bottom of my page at http://www.virtuallyignorant.com/linkexchange.htm you can find some of those links, plus a free download of bannercrafter. If you can make your own frames, I really recommend unFreeze.

I still think that the free ULead.com banner program is great, but time limited. Grab it, make your banners (be careful, I made some nice 100kb ones, lol), or register it if you really like it.

I like to use Photoshop and unFreeze. Only drawback of unFreeze is that it does not allow different frame time lengths, they must all be the same.

HTH.

wah, down to 11th place for my wee banner [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Thank you very much Webmistress. I actually already made the frames so all I need is a program to pull them into an animated GIF. SOunds like Unfreez might be my ticket.

Just an FYI... the link on your site to Unfreez is no longer good. I did find it on CNET.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the heads up SeaSlug. I'll try to fix it soon.

I love that little program. Don't blink, or you'll miss the download.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread