ABW Ambassador
    I got my dream keyword back on the first page which is search for a whopping "450,000+" times. Yes!!!!! I am so geeked!!!

ABW Ambassador
    Congrats JadaKiss!!!! That's fantastic!!!

Kip [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Nice job [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

WTG!!

WOW. That is so Cool!!!! What was your secret? Did you pay for the submission?

ABW Ambassador
    No secret - Yes I always pay for my submissions because my sites are considered business sites. But yahoo, like google flips it's search engine listings every few months - you might lose some terms and gain some. This time I gained one my of key terms back on the first page and several others as well.

Jada,

I could use some advice on paid Yahoo submissions. Do you use their express or their standard submission. Also, what if you have a mall. When you pay for the submission, do they just throw your whole site in one category like "shopping" or can you pay to have your clothes pages listed in clothing and your gift basket pages listed under "gifts" etc...

I have one specific product category I need more exposure for. I'm not sure how Yahoo would handle the submission if I send them a paid request to for www.mysite.com/thepageIwantedlisted.html

Any thoughts?

ABW Ambassador
    Seaslug - I use the business express submission which is what you have to use if you have affiliate links. This cost $299 and $299 year to renew. I couldn't view your site the url didn't work. Make sure it works before submitting to yahoo - they will decline you if it does not and still charge you $299. Also make sure you carefully review the submission guidelines before submitting.

When picking a category - select the category for which you want your site to appear and then click the submit site link in that category. The $299 fee is for one page. If you wanted to submit individual pages you would have to pay for each page submitted - $299 (ouch). You might want to just make a site for that particular product and submit it that way.

[ 03-08-2002: Message edited by: JadaKiss ]

ABW Ambassador
    My one experience with Yahoo so far has submitting my "mall" site, and the amount of traffic that resulted was and is disappointing. Of course, it was just my luck that my Yahoo listing went live the same week as the Overture listings did. I think the problem is that there are so many "shopping" links on Yahoo's front page, a lot of people just follow those instead of searching for the kinds of terms that would bring up general shopping sites. However, getting listed in Yahoo has positive effects on Google rankings, which could be significant if your site is well structured.

I think a site themed around a focused product category would definitely be worth a try, as Jada suggests. I'm working on that myself.

Elisabeth Archambault

ABW Ambassador
    Yahoo is a tricky one. I'm not an expert on this directory but I think that there may be an ageing feature (similar to what AltaVista does) going on. There is obviously a click through element to ranking well and the old spammy domain name, title and description thing is no longer working as it did. Thank God. I have a suspicion that time may make a difference to ranks here - we'll see.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread