I just got notice from Knowz.com that they are changing from pay per click to pay per listing.

In order for them to use up the money in my account, they are raising the minimum bid from 1 cent to $5.00! Some advance notice. :mad:

When my balance reaches zero (currently $250), the account will remain in the system for 72 hours. If within 72 hours, I don't deposit a submission fee of $49.95, the account will be closed and the URL's taken offline. :mad: :mad:

My current account can't be used towards the new submission service. :mad: :mad: :mad:

What a day. Looking on the bright side, that half inch of ice covering everything outside my window will look cool if the sun comes out in the morning.

Ray

If I were you, I would demand that the money still in the account be refunded. That $250 could be used elsewhere with a much better ROI than being sucked up at $5 per click.

Brian

Sounds like fraud and thievery! If they won't refund the money there should be some recourse such as the BBB or even the district attorney

ABW Ambassador
    $5 a click - for a SE that no-one has ever heard of. You gotta be kidding !!! And they are using a $50 buck script to run the site. Jeez....

Sounds like someone raising money for a one-way ticket to Rio.

Demand a refund. If that doesn't work, threaten to contact the attorney general in the state that they do business. I've found this to be effective. Many states have websites for their attorney general where you can file a formal complaint against businesses.

Knowz Update: They changed their mind after getting feedback from almost all their customers. I think Knowz is a very small business and the guy just didn't think things through very well.

His intention was to increase his income by changing his search engine from pay-per-click to pay for inclusion. The way he tried to go about that backfired and lost him a lot (maybe most) of his business.

There seems to be a lot of these small pay-per-clicks around, some even hang out here. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I think there's a good lesson or two in here somewhere. If I were going to start a search engine today, it would be a pay for inclusion right from the start.

Ray

Ray, did you demand your money back? I would whether they changed their mind or not. Run as fast as you can from that one.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread