I know there is someone here who can figure
    this out for me since my hosting service can't.This morning I went to my main page
    and ran down to the bottom of the page (I don't know why I never do)anyway I have a counter (again I don't know why but i do)Instead of numbers on the counter there was another site's url,i refeshed the page and it was still there so I emailed support at my host since the counter is on site.Anyway
    I went back to my page and the counter was normal.The company emailed me and said they didn't see what I had seen.This evening it came up again and I made a copy of it and emailed it to them,here's their reply if anyone can offer anything I would be grateful

I've double checked the config files for this domain's counter and
    everything looks in order; the domain name procapper.com has never
    been hosted by us so I'm not sure how/why you're having it appear in
    the counter file. Please advise if this continues. Best regards,

Could we see the screen-shot?

I have it on my desktop,how do i get it here?

Well never mind that but how does your counter display? I thought most counters were images of numbers. So I thought what could have happened is one of the numbers was replaced by a pic of the url to that website.

Sounds like a hack to me

See if this works

ABW Ambassador
    somebody linking directly to your counter and when it gets called from their site, that's what displays on yours? just throwing out ideas.

I really don't know but my big concern is that my traffic has been dropping like a rock
    since November and so have sales.I should have had a lot more traffic in December and January because of College Football Bowl games and NFL playoffs and the SuperBowl.February was even slower than normal but March has been terrible and it should be one of my best months because of the NCAA Basketball Tournament.I'm going to be lucky to have half the traffic I did last March and in reality I should have more since
    I'm in better position on the SEs and have a lot more sites linking to me thru Clickbank as affiliates.My concern is someone is hijacking some of my traffic.I don't how or if that is possible but I feel something is wrong and since this is a like minded site showing up like this on my homepage it's really got me to thinking.

I'll tell you right now I'd drop that host for starters.

Let me get this straight, "procappers.com" is a url for one of your competitors??

Also, what company is providing the counter? If you don't mind, can PM me your url, I'd like to see if I can duplicate what might have happened.

Suspicious.. I'd have a damned good look at you're competitors site and do some body text searches on Google to see if you're content is popping up anywhere else.

ABW Ambassador
    I had a similar instance once when I was hosted be Demon Internet here in the UK.

I don't think you are losing traffic to anybody, but there is a fault.

Commonly there is one copy of this script shared between many domains hosted on the one server.

Although Demon couldn't, or wouldn't be specific I think it's down to an internal authentication error on the server.

The ISP or domain host will check to ensure that only authorised users are running the script. The authentication goes wrong, probably due to overload and what you see on your counter is the resultant error message.

As when it happened to me, the domain that shows up isn't your own.

To conclude, speak to your web host about overloading on their servers.

I've figured out where it comes from but someone a lot smarter than me will have to figure out what's causing it.I go to this sports site sometimes to look at game matchups and different things there will be a listing for NBA,NCCAB and so forth when you click on one those links you will go to a page that lists the games for that day also
    a new set of links will open for different options under the link you click,like matchups,odds,free picks.Okay the free picks
    are different handicappers with procappers.com.If you click on one of the games in the free picks section it will open in a new window and it will be procappers.com/whatever.Okay I can close that window and goe to my site and the counter on my site will show as the shot above.Now I also found out somnething else after closing the window at the sports site if I go to a different site and open a link that opens in another window,close it and goe to my site I will see the same shot as above except it will have the url of the window I opened at the last site I visited.If you can follow what I'm saying,i just don't know what's causing it or am I picking up some kind if scumware?

Hold on i just tried something.I can go to any site and click a link that opens into a separate window,go directly to my site and the url of the site I opened the window to will be on my counter.

Oh so it's actually just a little glitch in your computer. I wouldn't call it scumware or a virus just a glitch.

I think it would have to do with your cache settings. Either way no big deal cause no one else is getting this when they see your site.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread