Hello. I came across a new PPC search engine. Does anybody know anything about searchdino.com? You get a free 10 dollars placed in your account when you sign up. (and you only have to bid a penny) Please let me know if anybody has (or does) use their service. I've read some horror stories about overture. I'm relatively new at affiliate marketing. Thanks

Jeff

Hi Cubbb (and welcome!)

I've never heard of 'em and frankly they look like just another zero-traffic portal.

My advice when looking at any site like this is to check out the traffic they get first.. If you have a look at Alexa's info on the domain it gives it a page rank of about 3 million - i.e. no traffic. (Abestweb ranks 12,000 incidentally, i.e. in the top half percent [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] ) My Google toolbar indicates no page rank, and there's no entries for it at The Internet Archive - so the site is very, very new.

It's unlikely that they syndicate their results out either, so probably best avoided but you can always check 'em out in a month or two.

If you're new to PPC I'd personally recommend Kanoodle as being a low-cost unfussy PPC engine that generates some decent traffic. I've also used Findwhat but can't recommend them as they're slow to approve listings, don't generate much traffic and have an involvement in scumware.

Don't forget the power of the FREE though.. get listed in places like the Open Directory (more info here) and trade links with like-minded sites too [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-20-2002: Message edited by: Dynamoo ]

Thanks Dynamoo for the info on Alexa.

So now I know the reason why my sites have been getting robot-like visits from Alexa. Any chance my sites will show up as links on the Alexa Toolbar? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Cheers,
    TianTian

As far as I can tell Alexa uses the ODP to work out related sites in addition to some other approaches (i.e. analysing link pages).

Thanks Dynamoo. I'll just use up the free 10 dollars that Searchdino.com gives you for signing up, and who knows maybe they will be good in the future. I've gotten 2 click thrus on my keywords in 4 days. Hey, I guess a little traffic is better than NO traffic [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I'll try Kanoodle like you suggested. Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.

cubbbb,

I've started keeping track of these little search engines on one of my sites. PM me for the URL, or with Haiko's okay I'll post it here.

Ray

Great figures for Abestweb [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

This is my info from Alexa does anybody know what percentage I come in, if any? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Average traffic ranking: 1,147,048
    Links pointing in: 1,368

Average traffic ranking: 1,297,323
    Links pointing in: 351

The lowest-ranked siet I can find (actually timesny.com [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ) is ranked 10 million. There are quite a lot ranked 3 - 4 million.

In fact, that would make ABW in the top 0.12% of all web sites according to Alexa.

That means your sites are in the top 11-12% Gordon [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Hmmm... anyone else remember the Point Communications Top 5% award? Maybe it's time to give it a brush up and do an ABW version? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ray:
    cubbbb,

I've started keeping track of these little search engines on one of my sites. PM me for the URL, or with Haiko's okay I'll post it here.

Ray
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ray,

Post away.

-----------

Gordon,

Good numbers for you also!

-----------

Dynamoo,

Point Communications?

Haiko

10. Newsletter Signup