OK, I can't figure this out. When I look at the cache of my homepage within Google it shows that the bot was there yesterday, March 21st. I know this beacuse I put the date on my site. BUT, when I do any particular search that I know I rank in and then look at that cache (i.e. - enter my site thru another page, not my homepage) it shows a cache from like early January. I know this because I have some coupons on my site with expiration dates, and they show 1/31/02 expirations. WHY is the google bot not crawling my entire site? I have links to almost every page on my site on the homepage so I can't figure it out. Anyone have any ideas? Is there anyway to get a deep crawl? Thanks in advance guys.

Chances are is it's just the fresh tag that goes with your site if you update the main/index page. It will usually revert back to a previous cached version of your main/index page in a couple days time. Just check your listing again in a couple of days to verify this (if you don't update between now and then).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>WHY is the google bot not crawling my entire site?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wait for the main Google update in a few days time to see how many pages are crawled. The fresh staus usually only applies to the main page of your site.

[ 03-22-2002: Message edited by: Rik ]

Exactly how often does google bot come crawling and when?

---------------------------------------- http://www.laughland.biz
    web site scripts, tips books and more!

He comes to my servers about every 21-23 days.

I think the Date on google is only displayed on searches that are popular at the moment, or some similar consideration. My index page is indexed daily, but it used to show the old cache on some searches, but I haven't checked it in awhile.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread