What are the odds an $8400.00 plasma screen sale won't be reversed? It will kill me to loose the $420.00 commission.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

AVP

AVP,

I hope it sticks for you. Every now and then they go through ok. Good Luck

Merchant Coincidences, One of the Wonders of the World

Coincidence Me baby!

ABW Ambassador
    I think it depends on the person who receives a credit card bill with an $8,400 charge on it. If their reaction is:

If their reaction is: Where did this $8400 charge come from? And they make a telephone call that includes the phrase "but, I don't know anyone in Fresno!" Then your chances of getting paid are small.

If after seeing the bill, the bill's recipient's first words are: "Son! have you been in my wallet?" The chances of getting paid are small.

If a conversation after the arrival includes the words. "Honey, this is card for my attorney...it is up to you...the TV or me?" Your chances of getting paid are about 50/50.

Personally, I wouldn't even think about spending the money for a few months.

sound thinking

15 years and counting
    It depends of your customer base and of your web site. If you sell big items pretty often, you have a fair chance to keep your commission.
    I'm selling more expensive items and I don't have reversals.
    I'm always surprised with the amount of money people can spend on a product. Some seems to have no limit on their credit card.
    How much do you trust your merchant? Give him a call, or email him. It's a good way to start a relationship.
    Good luck!

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

ABW Ambassador
    Honestly....When a person makes an $8400 purchase it is either most likely WELL researched or they have the money to burn....Or both.

They chances of it being returned would be small in my estimate. Also remember the difficulty of returning a large item like this. It is expensive to ship typically and hard to pack back up.

My guess is it will stick, kuds to you. That is a big dollar sale indeed.

quote:
    Originally posted by yintercept:
    Personally, I wouldn't even think about spending the money for a few months.
    Judging by some of the delayed reaction, previously locked, reversals on CJ reported here, better make that 6 months.

ABW Ambassador
    Except you cannot return electronics past 30 days most anywhere. Further plasma screens usually have very short return policies to the merchant and when returned have a hefty re-stocking fee and return shipping fees. Most issues most be resolved directly with the manufacturer. I know because I bought one and did a lot of research before hand.

quote:
    Originally posted by Survey Man:
    Except you cannot return electronics past 30 days most anywhere. Further plasma screens usually have very short return policies to the merchant and when returned have a hefty re-stocking fee and return shipping fees. Most issues most be resolved directly with the manufacturer. I know because I bought one and did a lot of research before hand.
    Well, I had a 3-4 month old electronics sale reversed, so best to err on the side of caution before spending the bucks.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by ShoreMark:

Well, I had a 3-4 month old electronics sale reversed, so best to err on the side of caution before spending the bucks.

I should have added one more dangerous scenerio...the CEO looks over the shoulder of the affiliate manager and says..."What's that $420.00 charge? if you like reversed it or something, would we be able to keep the money?"

sound thinking

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread