I slagged Overture a lot in a couple of previous posts cos it took 4 weeks to get listed... but I forgive them, made a sale from one of those keywords on a product of my own making... my first sale of anything ever !! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

It was hard to get listed, but worth it...

Great stuff WebSearchEngines,
    Hope you get many more.
    Will you still speak to me when your rich and famous? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

LOL, course I'll let you... thanks, I hope for more sales, after 2 weeks I was starting to wonder... the site is not even really started yet, only 3 products... important thing is to not get big headed... it's ONE sale... but can't help feeling good [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I can see that Overture will not be enough to make real money for this particular product, I think if I can convince web sites that are as related to my product as the "good" overture keyword to become affiliates I could replicate the effect.......... WOOHOO!!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    "I think if I can convince web sites that are as related to my product as the "good" overture keyword to become affiliates I could replicate the effect..........~WSE"

Don't forget that a good shopping mall site can sell almost ANYTHING!

It's not a mall though, I'm selling a specific niche product type and nothing else... I have a lot to learn about what makes a good shopping mall... hopefully I'll get there with your help [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thing is I've decided I'm only really interested in selling my own wares thatI produce myself, s'what makes it interesting to me.... and that will probably limit the variety that I can sell... but, um, never rule anything out [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[ 04-02-2002: Message edited by: WebSearchEngines.net ]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Overture - I Forgive You <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah right up until they either mysteriously de-list you or charge you extra because you're not spending enough [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Never thought of that... I'm gonna try and build up a targetted affiliate network though to put overture out of the equation hopefully... but right now it's good while it lasts [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I'm hoping because I got accepted after the beurocratic crap started I'll be okay.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>important thing is to not get big headed...it's ONE sale<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's better than none, especially since youre selling only 3 products. It sounds like a start to me.

Yep, have to start somewhere... this time in six months I'd be unhappy without regular sales, gotta aim for that.

Hey, I was most surprised that they bought all three at once... I hoped, but didn't fully expect multiple products per sale. If I'd put up 5 products for this test run they might have bought em all... or maybe not [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Not to put a damper on things JLM but keep an eye on the auction sites for peeps trying to re-sell your works without permission.
    I've seen it happen to others who make templates.
    If you spot someone, nip em in the bud smartish.

Eek... that's scary, but um... heck, It'd be great if people joined the affiliate prog rather than resell... somthing to watch for, thanks guffy.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread