ABW Ambassador
    Okay, I'm really overly anxious now to see if my 10 new sites made it in the new index. :eek:

ABW Ambassador
    I believe Google is being greedy and trying to do this on purpose. I bet they are trying to boost their adwords program. Have you noticed the prominent link on their home page? Again, Larry Page, the little sissy ass punk, and company have failed to communicate with the webmaster community at large. He should pay heed to the rise and fall of other companies - webmasters can make or break a company. Don't f with us, baby.

edited by Big Chuck so that no one will be offended. There... ya'll satisfied?

[ 04-05-2002: Message edited by: Big Chuck ]

ABW Ambassador
    Chuck, didn't anyone ever teach you any manners?

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Chuck, didn't anyone ever teach you any manners?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL,
    but, let me add that while Chuck isn't always polite or politically correct he is ALWAYS honest and direct!

I appreciate his posts and his point of view, even when it is opposite to mine.

ABW Ambassador
    Yes yes, all the people who run SEs are Greedy Homosexuals With Plans For World Domination -- said domination will be accomplished by Destroying ALL the Little Coupon Sites EN MASSE -- said desctruction will be accomplished by not re-indexing every 30 days...

These SuperHomosexuals are UNAFRAID of the Coupon Webmasters Who Can Make or Break a Company. <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>company have failed to communicate with the webmaster community at large<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Come on Chuck, why, exactly, and what, exactly, is Google supposed to be communicating to webmasters?

And how, exactly, is it that a webmaster is going to make or break google? By un-optimizing their pages? That'll sure learn 'em.

ABW Ambassador
    Cedric, like I got time to debate or argue an issue with you...

Google has a track record of f'ing up, and pissing off a lot of people. No, they are not obligated to communicate with any of us, but they should. They have a total lack of empathy for the webmaster community at large. maybe they are obligated a little, since some of us are now their customers (adwords).

Cedric, if I offended you with the *** remark, I apologize. You seem to be a little miffed with the comment.

I DO wish Chuck would be more forthright and just tell us what is on his mind. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> No, they are not obligated to communicate with any of us, but they should. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Why? I'm not asking for a debate, I'm asking for the logic behind this statement -- how does communicating with the almighty webmaster benefit Google or the Google End-User? <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Cedric, if I offended you with the *** remark, I apologize. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>If you didn't intend for it to be offensive, what did you intend?

ABW Ambassador
    let 'em have it, gurl!

I have some [googlebot] in my server logs, april 4, yesterday..

@ SSanf <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I DO wish Chuck would be more forthright and just tell us what is on his mind.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I am still laughing my flipping head off here [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Big Chuck, why do you think you can use "***" as a derogatory remark so casually?
    If the person in question were black, would you refer to him as a "n***er" in an open, public forum?

[ 04-05-2002: Message edited by: hershey ]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Yes yes, all the people who run SEs are Greedy Homosexuals With Plans For World Domination -- said domination will be accomplished by Destroying ALL the Little Coupon Sites EN MASSE -- said desctruction will be accomplished by not re-indexing every 30 days... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROTFLMAO! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Haiko

We all become expectant on what we've been freely given. Just because in the past they were nice enough to index our undeserving sites every thirty days doesn't mean they have to or will continue to do so in the future.

Funny how we the monkeys start depending on free handouts. Does google owe us for something? No! They could just as well dump all of our piddly sites from their index and surfers would be none the worse.

Well that's enough of that time to go smoke a ***. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    You guys are wild. LOL!!! What's up with the *** kick. My neighbors are gay and they are the nicest and cleanest men you'd ever wanna meet.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>My neighbors are gay and they are the nicest and cleanest men you'd ever wanna meet.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO Way!!!

LMAO

ABW Ambassador
    What was the point of this thread, again ? I forget with all the homophobes coming out of the woodwork.

Oh yes, will Google update this weekend. Dunno, but there will be an update shortly. Googleguy at WMW has said as much. As for the comments about Google f***ing people over, for Christ's sake, grow up.

ABW Ambassador
    First of all, I did not make the remark toward homosexuals. The remark was intended as a slam on Larry Page, and was used in the same context as I would use the word "sissy". I was not making reference to his sexual orientation, nor anyone elses.

OK, I should have used the word "sissy" instead. I don't like Google, Larry Page, Google Guy (if they're not one in the same), or the ODP, among many of whom I would have great joy in seeing them suffer greatly.

[ 04-05-2002: Message edited by: Big Chuck ]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I don't like Google<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Er.. maybe you're in the wrong business?

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I don't like Google<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

should read, "I don't like Google, inc."

In the old days when I first got on the internet I would look in a search engine for widgets and the results would be the following:

Result One: Italian Widgets
    Result Two: French Widgets
    Result Three English Widgets
    Result Four: The history of Commisky Park
    Result Five: Cooking with tires
    Result Six: Why cats can't fly

Nowadays its:

Result One: A picture of my dog chewing a widget
    Result Two: Pictures of whoever and his girlfiend and a widget
    Result Three: I got on Daddy's computer and made this page about widgets
    Result Four: Why widgets are the Antichrist

etc etc etc

I see change but no real improvement.

If I want to buy widgets give me 20 widget affiliates so not every dollar of mine goes to the company pumping cyanide into the third world village's water aquifer.

If I want content I want someone who can make a decent page that can tell me something about widgets that I don't already know. I didn't know George Washington brought a widget across the Delaware!

I guess this is the moderate opinion from a certain perspective.

Are you guys being raped by Google? :eek:

ABW Ambassador
    I think there is still a need to teach people how to search. After all, if you do a search on widgets (single word) you are not going to get results that match what you are actually looking for. The search engines can't read people's mind and don't know whether you want to buy a widget, make a widget, discuss widget varieties with other widget lovers or whatever, so you need to tell them. A search for 'widget store' or 'low cost blue widgets', however, will bring up results for sites selling widgets.

Ask and you shall receive. Ask the wrong question and you are pretty sure to get the wrong answer.

Ahhh, but what about that Big Brother microchip thing I keep hearing about on the news that hooks into your nervous system.

Google can find me the perfect widget page without me having to ask. I guess the downside would be Gator and Morpheus watching me mow the lawn from inside my head.

I guess the point I was trying to make earlier was that by the time the search engines decide what they think the public in general wants, the webmasters were already one step ahead of them.

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread