ABW Ambassador
    Hi
    My service provider includes stats that are detailed in every respect other than the most important one - keywords used at search engine. They provided me with a registered version of HitList Pro as part of the package but it is out of date and does not track SE correctly. HitList has been taken over, and as far as I know there are no free updates.

Does anyone use a third party log analyser? Don't want to change provider as I have has 100% uptime for the last 3 years, and fast service, good support etc etc and it's cheap. I do need access to keywords by SE though. Any thoughts?

There are some free ones I have found and downloaded, but they only read log files from local drive. I would like one to auto-download updated logs during the check if possible.

Any ideas or recommendations? :confused:

ABW Ambassador
    I would recommend FunnelWeb from Quest ( www.quest.com ). There is a freeware version and I think, but am not absolutely certain that you can schedule downloads and auto-download.

You might want to take a look at advlogger from www.perlonline.com - the freeware version is pretty good, but the $29.99 pro version is the absolute business for referral tracking and tracking users through your site. I would strongly advise everyone with a website to download this script - you won't regret it.

Just wish they had an affiliate scheme, as I seem to spend all my time recommending the damn thing.

Here are some suggestions (all free):

Relax http://ktmatu.com/software/relax/

Analog http://www.analog.cx/

AWStats http://awstats.sourceforge.net/

All have a report with the SE keywords your visitors use to find your site.

Another one (not sure about the SE keywords):

Basic Traffic Reporter http://www.householdventures.com/software/btr.htm

HTH,
    Karl

I prefer awstats, I reallyyyy love sourceforge.net, they are cool!

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markymark:
    You might want to take a look at advlogger from www.perlonline.com - the freeware version is pretty good, but the $29.99 pro version is the absolute business for referral tracking and tracking users through your site. I would strongly advise everyone with a website to download this script - you won't regret it.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If they had an affiliate program you have my commission I think.
    I see there is a 10 domain license. Does that mean we cannot put copies of the logger software in all of our domain directories and run a different login for each one? Or would that not work? Or is it just breaking the license agreement?

I agree it seems the business.

regards

ABW Ambassador
    Perfect G,

They now do have an affiliate program and here is my link (shameless, aren't I) :
    http://www.perlonline.com/cgi-bin/af....cgi?markymark

In terms of the license, you have to write your receipt number into one of the pages and it is tracked, so you can't really get away with that. Mind you, at under $30, it really isn't a great deal of money and it is an excellent script.

Mark

ABW Ambassador
    MarkyMark
    Yes, shameless. Anyway, in view of what you just said about the license, I think I will hold off buying just yet. I am going to evaluate the free version first. There is no limit to the number of domains that it can be used on (at least I dont think so).

ABW Ambassador
    No, there's no limit on the free version. This is an old version of the script though and will only show details of a maximum of 500 visitors per day. Still good though.

ABW Ambassador
    silly question
    how can i install it in my site?

thanks

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zervo:
    silly question
    how can i install it in my site?

thanks
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Download the zip file and extract it. There is a readme file that comes with the packages. Essentially you upload about 5 files to some new directories you create on your server, and then add code to your web pages you want to track. Very simple.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread