ABW Ambassador
    One of my pages had been very favorably indexed by Google and it suddenly got dropped the other day. I'm really going to miss the traffic.
    I'm wondering why it got dropped. The Google robots had been pounding on my site just as the server went down for a night, but I have doubts that the index would have been updated instantly if the robots missed me. (?)
    The page in question is not much more than a glorified banner farm, but I'm also not sure whether that would have anything to do with it.
    Anyway - anybody got any tips on getting back in? Should I simply resubmit? Or should I assume that I have been "banned"? I can't do the "DMOZ first" route because the editor in that particular category isn't about to do me any favors.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I went from #1 in a spot to #20 recently...ouch....two of the websites I was linked to were modified and links dropped, so maybe that accounted for part of my drop.
    (shrugs)
    Back to the dang drawing board - that was my money maker, too.

Hi deelz,

One or more of the links on your page is probably broken. Fix the links and you'll probably be back in the next time around. Also check the pages you link to to ensure that they don't have a PR0.

If they do, check for broken links on their page. If they have broken links and a PR0, don't link to them.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Anyway - anybody got any tips on getting back in? Should I simply resubmit? Or should I assume that I have been "banned"?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>deelz,
    Same thing with two of my sites, however, on a brighter note the googlebot has been back spidering again the past two days.

Same here. I was at #3 and #4 at google for a couple of my pages on very good keywords. Dropped to 20+.
    Another of my sites has had nearly all pages dropped by 20 or more rankings.

Back to the drawing board!

ABW Ambassador
    My pages that dropped about 20 places on Google got PR0'd a few months later (they started out on the first page of results, then started cycling among spots 11-30, then got PR)d).

I don't know if was a warning or not, but it would not hurt to review your sites and strategy.

ABW Ambassador
    Jimbo, what is PRO'd?

It seems Google have changed all my pageranks for all of my sites too. All were at 4/10 and have gone down to 3/10 as reported by the Google toolbar

I believe that's PR zero, not PRO [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] .

Anyway, my sites tend to move up and down the rankings drastically or even turn on and off everytime Google updates its database. The last update was good, this most recent update not so. But hey, there's always the next update to look forward to. :rolleyes:

Cheers,
    T2

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Acually when I said the page got dropped I didn't mean in rank or position; I meant dropped, gone, not in their index anymore.
    My main concern is whether this means I had been banned for some reason.
    My second concern is that the server went down while the googlebot was visiting my site. Does the googlebot record this as "this guys not here anymore. do not come back on next crawl"?
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread