Anyone have anything to say about them? Didn't they used to be a meta search engine that ranked you according to how well you ranked in about 10 engines? Now it looks like they're a meta of paid inclusions or something.

Got this type of thang from them:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    Ixquick.com is now selling year-long sponsorships for frequently
    searched terms, and your terms are available. Ixquick Spotlight prices start
    at just $25 per year.

Ixquick.com is currently serving over one million pages per weekday,
    and if you sponsor one of these terms your text ad will be shown each
    time a user searches for that term.

For more information on this cost-effective way to advertise your
    website to users who are actively looking for your website's products and
    services, please visit http://spotlight.ixquick.com/ --
    sponsorship spots are limited, so secure one today before your
    competitors do!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The price is pretty darn attractive. Anyone know if they can drive traffic on sales keywords?

TIA!

ABW Ambassador
    I got a year-long "sponsorship" for a top-1000 keyword a couple of months ago. So far it has not sent enough traffic that I'd consider it a very productive expense. That might change if Ixquick's traffic increased substantially, but for now they're on my "B" team.

Elisabeth Archambault

ABW Ambassador
    They had to spam me to get me to look at their site... I'd say that'd be a no-no in my books anyway.

Thanks for the feedback. Good point, Pete.

ABW Ambassador
    Personally, I like and use Ixquick. As for the sponsored listings, it is cheap, but not a major source of traffic. Ixquick is largely used by webmasters - so if that's your target audience, then it is a better bet.

Thanks Mark,
    Yeah, I used to check my placement on webmaster related keyword phrases on it before I got all involved with actually making money [img]tongue.gif[/img] . They did actually write to me about my webmaster keywords. Which is hysterically funny, since the only places I ever put money on them are no longer funded (Overture back when it was GoTo and I had no idea what I was doing, GoPile back when the bids started at .001$, and BrainDead I mean BrainFox to help drain the account in any way possible). I would NOT put money on webmaster keywords anymore.

Heck, if I can figure out how to make a website, anyone can. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    It's probably a good bet if you are an application service provider or promote one; if you offer bulk domain registration; hosting reselling and that kind of thing. Most of Ixquick's user base have probably been on the web a while and these are the things they might just go for, I reckon.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread