Hi,
    I found a domain for sale: I checked out the link popularity, and it was good: over 1000

But, does that necessarily mean That it is getting traffic?
    Help :confused:

ABW Ambassador
    It would depend entirely on where those links were coming from. It's an impressive number, but you'd need to do some detective work to make sure they weren't just coming from other pages that the seller created to make things look good.

If a good number of them were well-themed links coming from established sites owned by other people (check the whois info to verify), then they should have value both for sending some traffic and for getting noticed well by search engines. Check how the site ranks now for strategic keywords. Be aware that if you buy the domain you'll need to be reasonably consistent with what the previous owner was doing, otherwise some of the other sites might stop linking to you as they notice your changes.

Check how the site is ranked by Alexa. Alexa is a tool that needs to be treated with caution because it misses a lot, but you should at least be able to get a feel for whether Alexa's picture of the site is in line with the other facts you discover.

My 2ยข worth ...

Elisabeth Archambault

Thanks,
    I did check alexa, and they say it only gets a few daily hits?
    But I don't see how that can be accurate...

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but Alexa only records hits to the page by Alexa users -- someone who downloaded the browser companion.

My two cents worth...it's not used as much as it once was. Most people I know used to use it but don't anymore.

OK,
    So for me to think that Alexa is showing how many users visited that page in a day would be way off right?
    Alexa is not like a counter for any websites daily visitors...

I guess what I need is something where I could punch in a domain, and it would tell me that domain's daily traffic.

But I think a domain with an over 1000 link popularity must be getting at least a few 100 visitors a day, right :confused:

PS. parentworld... too bad about the Oils and the Flames [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]
    Let's hope the Canucks go all the way [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>... I think a domain with an over 1000 link popularity must be getting at least a few 100 visitors a day <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> NOT necessarily. It would be possible to have hundreds of links coming in from low-traffic pages that sent few or no visitors.

What have you found out about the sites supposedly linking to this domain?

What is the domain's PageRank in Google?

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Hi,

You may want to try a free service marketleap provides. I use it all the time to check out affiliates and competitors.

You can find it here: http://marketleap.com/publinkpop/default.htm

Hope that helps...

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread