Anyone ever heard of Top-Pile.com? They sent me this letter, asking me to drop all my ppc listings and pay them. They claim I can receive three times the traffic for one-third the cost.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Dear Sir/Madam

Our records indicate that you are currently spending $0.10 with a pay-per-click search engine on the keyword 'XXXXXXXX'.

Would you be interested in getting even more targeted visitors for 3 cents per click, and possibly as low as 0.5 cents per click?

We would like to draw your attention to our SALSA solution whereby we can typically deliver 3 times the number of visitors for one-third of the price compared to pay-per-click search engines. How do we do this? Simple really - by detailed analysis of what people key into search engines and how many web sites are looking to optimise those keywords we identify the BEST VALUE keywords in the world. We then use our SALSA system to achieve top ranking in ALL the major search engines under those keywords.

We have recently signed up one of the leading shopping portals who have moved from a leading pay-per-click where they were spending $15,000 per month to our SALSA solution where they are spending one-third of that figure and their visitors are projected to increase from 500,000 per annum to 1.6 million per annum.

Another client in the mobile phone / ringtones business is getting 10,000 visitors PER WEEK for a SALSA 50 at a cost of $5,000 per annum. With pay-per-click the MINIMUM cost would be $25,000 per annum with the real average cost over all the keywords being closer to $100,000 per annum.

We have literally hundreds of case studies of companies who have achieved hugely increased visitor numbers by using the SALSA solution. Our clients include companies such as Campaq, Securicor, Pirelli, Laura Ashley, Daewoo, Heron Corporation and many other household names. Our solution is resold by over 400 resellers throughout the world and we partner with most of the major ISPs.

Please call us toll-free on 1866 5129 190 and we will take you through the whole process.
    Alternatively, simply reply to this email and provide your contact details and I will call you back immediately.

Regards

Carmel Daniell
    Top-Pile.com
    carmel@top-pile.com

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any feedback?

[ 04-17-2002: Message edited by: seaslug44 ]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>What we do - ten steps to success with SALSA!
    <UL TYPE=SQUARE>1. Create SALSA sites concentrating on those key phrases
    2. Host your SALSA sites on our powerful servers
    3. Register domain names for each SALSA site
    4. Cloak the SALSA sites so browsers are immediately re-directed straight to your web site
    5. Register the SALSA sites with inktomi (which drives over 100 major search engines worldwide, and re indexes the SALSA sites every 48 hours)
    6. Register the SALSA sites with the top 50 global and regional search engines every two weeks
    7. Email you every two weeks telling you what positions we have achieved for you in the search engines under your selected phrases
    8. Include you in our Network Linking programme so your SALSA sites link to each other and to random other SALSA sites which boosts their position in search engines that rank link popularity
    9. Update your SALSA sites automatically EVERY DAYto include every change in the search engines so they are constantly optimised to come out on top!
    10. Deliver guaranteed top ranking in the search engines and guaranteed business through greater visitor numbers.[/list]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

it looks like Doorway pages with Zeus.

BTW - 'Australasian Office' is that really a word?

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    In other words SALSA cheats. The very things that make it difficult to achieve good rankings SALSA will do for you by manipulation of the search engine algo. My one question to Top-pile would what will they do for you when the search engines catch you and ban you?

Mike

"BTW - 'Australasian Office' is that really a word?" -Haiko

Hi Haiko,

Actually, it's two words. You can tell because of the space in the middle. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Heather,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Actually, it's two words. You can tell because of the space in the middle. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wouldn't it be Australia Asian [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I still think they are making up a word [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Haiko

Hi Haiko,

I'm sure you're right. I'll let Webster know about the misprint in my dictionary.

The hard part is going to be notifying those 236,000 websites that use that word (according to Google).

Can you handle that part? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Heather,

According to M-W
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The word you've entered isn't in the dictionary. Click on a spelling suggestion below or try again using the Dictionary search box to the right.

Suggestions for Australa:
    <UL TYPE=SQUARE> 1. Australia
    2. australs
    3. austral
    4. australes
    5. Austral
    6. Estrela
    7. austerely
    8. austerer
    9. Esterel
    10. ostlers[/list]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

and according to GOOGLE <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Did you mean: AustraliaÂ* Results 1 - 10 of about 11,900<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Â*

I assume you did not see that the *i* was also missing in Australia

I was just trying to be cute [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Haiko
    [Format]

[ 04-18-2002: Message edited by: Haiko ]

Australasian is an English word
    You Americans wud not no it cos you don't spick engish proper [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Don't you know that you have to be Syberasian, Slovenasian, Austrasian,Yugoslavasian, Slovakasian, Bulgarasian, Georgasian, Californasian, Virginasian, Crotaisan, Estonasian, Lithuanasian, Romanasian, Indonesasian, Malaysasian, Mongolasian or St. Lucasian to understand what it means to be Australasian???? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Oh what an occAsian it would be. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] :cool: [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Mike

Hi Haiko,

Dang it... someone else to notify. My version of M-W says that "australasian" is a good word. How did Webster AND Bill Gates get it wrong?

Anyone have a current number for Bill Gates?

I'm glad you've got such a sharp eye Haiko! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Heather,

I stand corrected, I didn't look up the word 'australasian' as you said it was missing the space [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img]

I learned something new today [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Haiko [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img]

Sorry Haiko...

Dang it; now I need to catch the postman. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    That word does in fact get used a fair amount over here.
    Usually companies that have one HQ in this region (Australia/Asia) will call it their Australasian Office.
    As for being a real word.. i don't know. but as words get used more frequently I'm sure this one will get added.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pete:
    ... as words get used more frequently I'm sure this one will get added.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Holy Sheet ... it's true! :eek: Look what I just found!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Main Entry: Pranav, Pranaving
    ------------------------------------
    Pronunciation: Pra-Näv
    Function: transitive verb
    Etymology: from Xerox
    Date: 1965
    1 : to copy a website, site copier
    2 : to make (a copy) of a website<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROTFLMAO! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Haiko

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    "My one question to Top-pile would what will they do for you when the search engines catch you and ban you? ...Mike"

My guess is they'll keep your money and take you off their spam list!!

Do you mean spamasian list? Not to mix-up with spermasian!!!

Jonny

ABW Ambassador
    I know Top Pile. They are a UK SEO company. Do this search :

top-pile.co.uk at Google.com .

Draw your own conclusions from what you see. But do a search for your own site in the same way ie: yahoo.com and you should get back a result for the home page of your site.

That's all I'm saying.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread