ABW Ambassador
    Hi
    I have been looking at Keyword Density analyzers on the internet and several. The one the so-called experts recommend seems to be GRKDA density analyzer. I have looked at the free trial and cannot understand why this software is so expensive - $100 or so. Is it really that good?

Anyone use it?

Is there anything anyone would like to see in a denisty analyser that is not available in one now?

I am thinking of writing one for myself. It will be a learning experience as I doubt it will be as straight forward as I hope to analyse HTML in all of its forms.

Do search engines only evaluate % based on the number of visible words?

ABW Ambassador
    Is it that good ? No and definitely not worth $100. Though, that said, it is one of the better ones in marketplace.

The one I like is free from www.mouseclickapplication.com - it is about a 15K download and works by right clicking. I use it when I visit competitors sites. Don't really use one on my sites. All that 3-7% optimum density stuff is not helpful.

If you are going to write one, I can possibly provide some research notes that will give an overview of the relative importance of html elements (ie: heading tags, bold tags, small text, alt tags) for each search engine; but I would want a %.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markymark:
    The one I like is free from www.mouseclickapplication.com - it is about a 15K download and works by right clicking.

Yes, I have this installed already but it has minimal data for my purposes.

If you are going to write one, I can possibly provide some research notes that will give an overview of the relative importance of html elements (ie: heading tags, bold tags, small text, alt tags) for each search engine; but I would want a %.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, but I suspect I can find that info for myself. If I am going to do the hard work of writing it, I want the whole % for myself.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    OK
    I ahve started writing my own density analyzer program. Anyone interested in beta testing? Cannot offer incentive other than a free copy when it is released. Need 3 or 4 testers. Should be ready for initial testing in a couple of weeks.

I have some new ideas on the subject which I want to keep secret for now, but if there are any suggestions, please let me have them.

ABW Ambassador
    I volunteer to beta test it if you haven't already got your testers.

ABW Ambassador
    MarkyMark
    You are the first. I still need more!

ABW Ambassador
    Anyone willing to provide a primer for using density analysis tools?

Not to be thick, but I've run pages that do well and pages that do poorly through a couple of the different analyzers and I can't make heads or tails of the provided info.

I will give it a go for you andy but you will have to tell me how to work it, what to look for what it does etc.

I would like to test it also, feel the need to learn more about it.

ABW Ambassador
    Great, I wanted 4 testers and now have them. I am no expert on analysis of density. I am hoping that this software does more than analyse density - I want it to be a research tool that helps uncover what an engine is after. I do not want to say too much now, as I always miss programming deadlines, and if I promise too much, I will again. Will start properly Monday (did preliminary programming today) and keep you 4 informed.

ABW Ambassador
    whoa, sorry for the confusion, but I wasn't volunteering. Just looking for info on the benefit/use of analyzers.

ABW Ambassador
    Cedric - no worries. I was not counting you. I have 3 from this thread and one other who contacted me privately.

I too want to know how analysers can be of benefit. Hopefully writing this software will give me some insight.

Thanks Andy I look forward to it.

If you want a free web based keyword counter, try http://www.keywordcount.com/.

Regards,
    TK

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread