ABW Ambassador
    Settling in a New Country is difficult due to the lack of financial history etc.

I have finally managed to get my work as an affiliate marketer recognized as a profession by a bank manager!

On Thursday after 2 failed attempts to get bank managers at other banks to come online and see what I do for a living that morning, I walked in off the street for my 3rd attempt and convinced my new bank manager (as of yesterday) to access my main CJ account and accept what he saw as proof of earnings.

Based on that I applied for a mortgage of $NZ600,000 to secure the property I am currently renting. The bank manager phoned through confirmation at 9AM Friday Morning!!!!!

I don't think there would have been any possibility of success if it were not for CJ's visible online associations and the obvious size of the company measurable from viewing the transaction number sequence as well as having copies of cheques to verify the payment history report.

Thank you CJ!

DPG

[edited to correct spelling]
    Parasiteware - Any software, process or method that aims to make money by avoiding any involvement in the sales process apart from hijacking transactions that have been created by the hard work of others.

[This message was edited by DPG on October 03, 2003 at 05:49 PM.]

Very interesting but I'm curious why your check stubs would not suffice.

Make your time

Thats great news, nothing better than moving into a new house for motivation.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Very interesting but I'm curious why your check stubs would not suffice.

Hi Heyder ,

I am assuming you mean the CJ stubs? CJ is an unknown over here and the stubs (black ink on plain paper) look like they could be produced off any printer.

WTG DPG Congrats

"I did'nt get where I'm at today by worrying about how I'm going to feel tomorrow."

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    DPG ...now you've found a friendly informed banker you can try asking for advances against the network receivables....

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Congrats!!!!!!

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    WTG DPG,

I've missed you lately. Wondered where you've been hiding. The bank evidently!

Congrats on the loan and the new house!

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consultant :: Catalyst eMarketing.com
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit 5 Star Forum
    4LowRates ::ChatDollars :: ConsciousOne :: EveryTicket :: Organize-Everything :: Irv's Luggage
    DentalPlans :: Executive Essentials :: IntelliContactPro :: zZounds :: Roadloans :: More Soon!

Congrats on the house!

It will seem more like home now that you actually own it. A friend recently purchased the house she'd been renting for 4 years, and has done so much to it since, it's like a different house!

It's good to hear that things at CJ are going so well for you! Best of luck in the future as well.

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    Don't you guys in New Zealand pay income tax? You'd think you could prove your income that way.

Certainly is a bold move to take out a bank note on real estate and expect CJ to produce stable income throughout the duration of that note. I'm assuming you guys in NZ have 15 and 30 mortgages like here in the U.S.?

Congratulations, and I will you good luck.

Congrats!!!

IRS

Don’t ask why the ball doesn’t come.

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks JJJ, Robert, Charlie, Ron, Linda, Andy and IRS

quote:
    banker you can try asking for advances against the network receivables....
    In my dreams!
    quote:
    Wondered where you've been hiding ~ Catalyst
    I've been working like a dog from Dawn till Dusk
    quote:
    It will seem more like home now that you actually own it.
    Got it for the view and location. The house is a dump. Maybe one year when it is paid for we'll rip it down and start again.
    quote:
    Don't you guys in New Zealand pay income tax?
    Immigrated here four (five?) months ago. 1st Tax returns aren't due till the middle of 2005
    quote:
    Certainly is a bold move to take out a bank note on real estate and expect CJ to produce stable income throughout the duration of that note. I'm assuming you guys in NZ have 15 and 30 mortgages like here in the U.S.?

It is a bold move but it is a risk I am willing take. A recent server upgrade resulted in an increase in capacity by 160 times my original already large quota. I am concentrating on proven performers and working to secure more market share from these specific merchants. With the advent of Datafeeds combined with template files tuned painstakingly over time I am able to produce 100,000 plus page sites in a very short time.

That being said, for the last 2 days EPC has halved for the same traffic

DPG

Parasiteware - Any software, process or method that aims to make money by avoiding any involvement in the sales process apart from hijacking transactions that have been created by the hard work of others.

That's great DPG!

quote:
    Maybe one year when it is paid for we'll rip it down and start again.

You should get a T.V production company to make show out of it.

The above post may contain traces of nuts.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Cool! Congratulations!

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

ABW Ambassador
    Curious, maybe is missed it - what country did you move from? Was it tough getting a visa not having a regular job?

Chet

Congratulations DPG

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Leader!
    quote:
    Curious, maybe is missed it - what country did you move from? Was it tough getting a visa not having a regular job? ~ Chez Noir
    We applied for residency almost 3 1/2 years ago whilst living in Harare, Zimbabwe where we were for about 3 1/2 years. My employment history at that time was tainted with IT related contracts for well known organisations. New Zealand immigration works on a points system and awards points for age, qualifications, whether your profession is in demand, ability to speak english, etc. The points required are adjusted monthly and at the time we applied were very low (23) we scraped in at 24. They are now in the region of 34 I believe so I don't think we would have got in if we hadn't applied at a very lucky time. Once you are granted entry you get a year to make your 1st visit and 2 years from that date to settle. We scraped in with 4 days to spare moving over from the United Kingdom on the 18th of May.

Thanks bbb

DPG,

This is a great story. I am always impressed by the personal success stories posted here.

Thanks for sharing.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Todd and Most of all thank you CJ!!! I also forgot to thank JJJay and Kelly626 for their good wishes

All the best,

DPG

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread