Hello One and all,

I have now been trying for 4 months to get DMOZ too change the description of my site in its listings.

They dont have a editor for the listings so I applied and got told no thank you.

So what do I do next then folks? Its really bad that my keyword TAXI is not even in the listing, as a matter of fact the listing is utter garbage and its not what I submitted.

I really want to get this sorted but I think I might as well bash my head off a brick wall.

regards John

Well I tried for almost six months before they changed my url and description, and my traffic doubled because of the page rank increase, and everything finally pointing to the correct url. I submitted the changes four or five times, applied to be editor, and not once did I recieve a reply. Then one day I had submitted another site, and checked the other again, and it had been changed. Another month or so and it was in google's directory, and traffic from google doubled. Although I'm no help to you, I thought I would let you know you aren't the only one. All I can say is wait, or become friends with an editor online and see if he/she can't help you out.

Opposite the Slough of Despond
    Hi John,

I had a close look at this again and I think I see the problem. I don't think the current ODP description is very good and it includes at least one error. I PMed you with a better one to try to submit..

..however, I digress. I was somewhat shocked to find that there is NO editor for Glasgow. It looks like your best bet would be to contact one of the Scotland editors who will have the responsibility for looking after the Glasgow category. A major city like Glasgow is quite an important position, so it's unlikely that a first-time editor would get it. Also, it's not usual to allocate subcats of a locality like that.

There is actually a capitalisation error in your existing listing too, so as it stands it's not quite ODP - perhaps you could diplomatically mention that to the editor you contact.

Hi Dynanmoo and qball0123

Thanks for the mails. I will send in the change you suggested. The said thing is that when you do a search for PRIVATE HIRE (which is also our taxi business) it comes 1st out of around 1million searches so am very happy with that.

Will let you know how I get on.

regards John

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread