is a listing in inktomi gurantee you a high PR on the search results, or just list your website within the search results, so you could be listed far away from the first results for some keywords?

how do MSN and AOL list other websites for free? how do they find these websites, and how do they set your rank?

when is aol moving to google? is it still support inktomi right now?

is yahoo going to move from google to inktomi?

i signed at inktomi 3 days ago, and had some click throughs, yet they don't show in my positiontech account - anyone knows why?

how many products should i have on a page i added to inktomi - about 5 or even 30 - so i will get more hits for more keywords :confused:

thanks!

ABW Ambassador
    >>is a listing in inktomi gurantee you a high PR on the search results

No promises. Before listing you should always check to see where the WEB PAGES section starts for your keyword. The HIGHEST you can get with a paid listing is the top of that section -- so if there 423 WEB DIRECTORY sites listed, probably not worth paying.

>>i signed at inktomi 3 days ago, and had some click throughs, yet they don't show in my positiontech account - anyone knows why?

They don't track all clicks. I don't know why.

>>how many products should i have on a page i added to inktomi - about 5 or even 30 - so i will get more hits for more keywords

Depends on the products. Experimentation is the key here -- remember your pages gets updated every couple of days in the Inktomi listing. Make changes, give the changes time to be picked up and populated, test them, make more changes.

Is Inktomi the main source of results for MSN? I am seeing alot of MSN traffic lately.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>i signed at inktomi 3 days ago, and had some click throughs, yet they don't show in my positiontech account - anyone knows why?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shamrock - it takes just about that long for clicks to show up. I signed up late Saturday, it took a day or two to get processed, and started actually listing click data on the 6th although I was getting search traffic within 48 hours.

ABW Ambassador
    Inktomi is a large source of results for MSN, I don't know about primary -- they also have a deal with Looksmart and those results are in the WEB DIRECTORY section.

And sometimes the clicks never show up. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Inktomi does not report all the traffic it sends and states so.

My sister had 4 sales show up early this month on seperate days and all this from 1 click!

Yeah, I know one click is pathetic, but I'm working on it. And she still hasn't got the hang of this affiliate thing - "So what do I have to do to get my check then?" "Erm, nothing. You just wait three months" "Eh?"

I'll give up soon and tell her its the Check Fairy.

I

Ok now i can see the clicks in inktomi,
    there aren't suppose to be impressions / CTR right?

I have another website that is already listed in MSN and AOL (in the web pages section) for free (how?), so basically if my website is already listed in MSN and AOL, (and an inktomi listing only enters your website SOMEWHERE in the results) the only advantage that i get for a listing in inktomi is the 48 hours refresh, instead of some longer time refresh??

Bwahahaha, I, my sister has three or four top listings for keyword phrases (I only helped her chose the first one and gave her details about how to go about such a decision), is making almost daily sales, and has now officially become addicted to getting her pages ranked well in Google [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] .

Plus she built a sweet little content site that got into DMOZ nicely.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] neener, neener [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Hi to all,
    I am reading the whole site here, and jumped in this inktomi area and found that I was interested. So I just signed up for their service. Am excited to see how it goes.
    My question is this, I have seen others use an encryption on their view source, all of it or the keywords or affiliate info. Can someone tell me where I might find a script for this or program or anything.

Something not to technical.
    thanks in advance

Webmistress,

>Plus she built a sweet little content site that got into DMOZ nicely.

>neener, neener

Bah. Mine still can't log in without help. Her husband is cool though - together they suggested some valid merchants.

I live in hope, but essentially I have to do it for her.

Its just that the Work Ethic is so ingrained she is having trouble with the basic concept. Or maybe its the Idleness Ethic and I know nuffin'.

Whatever it is, its passive. I blame the parents, myself.

I

[ 05-12-2002: Message edited by: Icicle ]

You're funny, I. Although it really could be the parents: my sister has been the only succesful understudy I've had so far. At first she said what they all said: Too much info, I'm on overload. I wrote out instructions for how to build one page with one keyword phrase exactly and sent it out to someone who never did anything with it. I told my sister to do it, and she did. She said, "I guess it's kind of like algebra? I'll see how all the factors fit together at the end?" Yea. I linked to that page. Google liked it, she started making sales. Sales fizzled with merchant trouble, but she kept making pages. She switched merchants, and the last google update really liked her pages. She's on a roll on her own.

But then, our parents somehow always got us into a "do-it-yourself" mode, even with the heavy Republican work ethic they instilled in us. Funny, in a work place it is such a drag to be an intelligent, self motivated female. On the net it makes money :eek: .

Oh, this is an Inktomi thread. That reminds me, I gotta get back to work on making an Ink page to try to submit. Haven't played that game yet.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Funny, in a work place it is such a drag to be an intelligent, self motivated female. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't that the truth! I can remember being thought of as a rebel, button-pusher, and "Shark" (yes someone really called me that) in corp. world!! Thats what women are thought of in that arena if they are self motivated/driven or have an Entrepreneurial spirit.

I always knew I'd only be happy if I was self employed (or not working) LOL

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>"Shark" (yes someone really called me that) in corp. world<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here - the guys used to call me "Slice". I've done stints in corporate, blue-collar and Tech in that order. Same reaction anywhere I went. Now the guys that used to call me "Slice" tell me how going off on my own "took a lot of guts" and they wish they had the guts to do the same.

I'm still having a rough time getting it through my head that I can do what I absolutely love - builiding and promoting MY OWN websites - and make a good living at it (well not yet) without having to work for someone else OR deal with PITA clients and customers (been there too). I've been familiar with Affiliate Marketing since it's inception, but something wouldn't allow me to believe it truly was a viable business model ... until I came to ABW.

[ 05-13-2002: Message edited by: eaglefire ]

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread