Does anyone know why they would disapprove keywords and not send an email to explain?

They offered a click-thru estimate,etc so I figured that they are words that they noramally run/approve. The keywords have to do with a sports betting site.

Thanks.

are you sure it was the words that were disapproved and not the bid? I would assume that bids are very high for that category.

Did you make sure the automatic checker that is there when you add the keywords stated no problems, just checking... cos it tells you if you've used too much uppercase, etc?

Apart from that... I don't know........................

Actually I had some disapproved not b/c the bids were too low, but because the click-thru rate was less than .05% for that keyword (which surprised me). They sent no email for it.

No, this is different. When the click-thru is too low, they put * next to it and stop responding for that keyword. And, as far as the caps, etc, that's for the ad copy itself.

This is just a "disapproved" in () right next to each keyword.

Scratching my head on this one.

Thanks.

-Pat

Did you email Adwords support?

7 Search did the same thing to me a while back.I have a sports betting site also and they elimated football and basketball from my keywords list and them are the only 2 sports I deal in.

Yes, I did email adwords support - nothing yet. But worse, now they are rejecting ads without even reading them! They are rejecting ads that do not state affiliate, when they actually do!

They are becoming a real pain. I guess this is what happens when you give the wrong people a little power. I wonder if their management knows what their mistakes are costing the company in lost revenue?

-Pat

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Actually I had some disapproved not b/c the bids were too low, but because the click-thru rate was less than .05% for that keyword (which surprised me). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They cut you for CTR of less than 0.5%, to encourage (force) you to use more targeted phrases, so they will make more on paid clicks.

But all the while they blast your ad for and wide where there is no relevancy whatsover. It's no wonder that CTR's can be low for good targeted terms.

Two examples:

The Glasgow Taxi guy. If he bids on one term only, "Glasgow Taxi", his ad will be diplayed in any search containing the term "Glasgow".

Can't use the word "free".
    But they will still diplay your ad to users who used the search term "free", so if you are selling something, you will either get a low CTR or pay for clicks from surfers who are merely curious. :mad:

Never mind putting your words or phrases into "quotation marks", that doesn't work right yet. They've got a lot of fine-tuning to do (or maybe a little rough-tuning too)

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Never mind putting your words or phrases into "quotation marks", that doesn't work right yet.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Double-check that. I forget just now what the characters are to use for exact matches, but it's something other than quotation marks. I've had no trouble specifying exact matches. I have one campaign averaging over 5% clickthrough on exact searches only. It's not a high-traffic niche but I'm spending 5¢ per click and calculate that I'm making 15¢. Works for me!

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for the tip I'll go back and try another way.

Just getting frustrated when I use highly specific terms and they get bounced for low CTR because they were displayed in many places where they shouldn't be.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Disapproved "!", lol. Guess you can't be excited about what you sell!

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread