Has anyone else noticed a new trend with the search engines over the last month?

I'm seeing all the old bots again and Altavista even updated it's index making two updates in two months.

Google is making record crawls and I'm seeing weird unheard-of's like bumblebee@relevare.com, psbot/0.*, Robozilla/1.*, SlySearch/1.*, webcollage/1.*
    and all the regulars.

I bet google will dance within 10 days.

I noticed the same. Really interesting because I'm almost only listed in Google with my sites.

I think the google dance will be next weekend.

I feel that some SE will turn back to old days, because their concept of paid submissions does not work. They are running out of money, perhaps, and what I think too is, that in near future new engines appear. These would not be search engines but "find" engines.
    Jonny

I use psbot (personal search bot). That isn't a search engine. It's a search individual. www.psbot.com

Yep! WiseNUTBOT is also hitting alot of our sites also! Which is a major suprise!! Mean's there finely catching up probably.
    Scooters always crawling our sites pity about their algo, slurp's crawling continuously pity ink don't update to often for free listings, And of course GoogleBOT just keep's on coming and coming. Haven't seen Lycos's or AllTheWeb's coming to often however.. Probably still trying to figure out a time frame to allow to crawl free submits, so they keep their paying Lycos Select customer's happy over at Lycos.. etc etc......! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    AltaVista is spidering from the Yahoo What's New page - so if you get a new site into Yahoo, chances are it will appear in AltaVista fairly quickly.

The free Inktomi database updated at the start of the month - it's usually every six weeks or so.

Some very interesting changes going on at MSN.co.uk as well...

I'm noticing a lot of spider activity lately, too. Top referring SE's have been Google, MSN & AOL, but lots of new ones, too.
    [img]tongue.gif[/img]

googlebot is crawling different part of my pages every two days - shouldn't it finish them all in two days only?

anyone knows what:
    Mercator-2.0
    DigExt
    ia_archiver
    Openfind data gatherer

are?

Most of my traffic has come from Google and Google/Yahoo. In the last week MSN and AOL search have jumped up and nearly equal Google. No page change by me so they must have change their algo.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread