Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My friend bought a perfume from Strawberrynet.com in sept 26. it was amount $56.20 and charged from credit card. But today i see that this sale reversed and the reason is "invalid credit card"

HERE is my evidence.

now what can i do about it?

UtOpiA StiLL uNBorN

I've had only three sales with Strawberrynet, one of which was substantial, all reversed for exactly the same reason. When I challenged them they said the orders were fraudulent ones from Indonesia.

________
    "All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

What you can do about it?

1. Nothing. Suck it up.
    2. Tell CJ (see #1)
    3. Drop them and tell everyone that they are a lying, theiving sack of shoot.
    4. I don't know. Ideas?

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

LISTEN! CJ don't give no whistles no more! I can hear the music of another piper!

ABW Ambassador
    E-mail them and tell them that you are reporting them to CJ for fraudulent activity as you know the person who made the order.

Also tell them that you have posted the evidence on ABestWeb forum - home of 10,000+ affiliates.

May not get the commission, but at least you have warned other affiliates and they can make their own informed decisions of who to partner with.

Download Site Map Creator Today

I've had similar experiences with them!

I've had sales with them, none has been reversed. So, they're OK with me.

Emphimy,

That link goes to a page that isn't clear.

[This message was edited by Perry on October 07, 2003 at 07:10 AM.]

quote:
    Originally posted by perfectG:
    E-mail them and tell them that you are reporting them to CJ for fraudulent activity as you know the person who made the order.

Also tell them that you have posted the evidence on ABestWeb forum - home of 10,000+ affiliates.

i did it. now waiting for reply.

UtOpiA StiLL uNBorN

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Perry:
    Emphimy,

That link goes to a page that isn't clear, and strawberrynet.com goes nowhere.

Ummmm, you feeling okay?

Maybe there was a temporary error with their site-- www.strawberrynet.com was working when I checked just now.

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

They have steadily reversed my largest sales every month. Maybe they think they can get away with it, since the orders are from outside US. It didn't fool me. The Norwegian buyers I send normally has a reversal rate of less than 2% on good merchants.

I just stopped promoting them. This thread confirms I did the right thing.

ABW Ambassador
    In the beginning, things were sweet. They were an easy conversion. They still are. However, the reversals have been a problem. They, like shoplifestyle.com is a definite reversal when I see transactions reported. The later usually has the all so popular reason, "other" as the reason for the reversal. Oh yeah, they have used unqualified lead. I suspect there is a referring url from my site, but the cookies are getting overwritten by theifware using publishers, as shoplifestyle.com obviously has no reservations about using publishers who steal commissions.

Adsense, if things continue at the rate it has, will be my main revenue generator, and not CJ, if they continue to allow this to take place.

-----------------------------
    Big Chuck
    Why do some affiliate networks continue to enable parasitic technology providers to STEAL my hard earned revenue?

It will be interesting to see what they have to say about this. If you hear back from them.

Andy

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    I have a contact at Strawberry if anyone needs it. Please email me, i don't think this person would want their info in a public forum.

Thanks,

AndyRodriguez.com
    Affiliate Program Management
    and Consulting Services
    P: (305) 412-3512
    C: (305) 785-4524
    E: doc@andyrodriguez.com
    W: www.andyrodriguez.com
    AIM: AffiliateDoctor

quote:
    Originally posted by Andy Rodriguez:
    I have a contact at Strawberry if anyone needs it. Please email me, i don't think this person would want their info in a public forum.

Andy,
    I just send email them through cj. Also i decided notify CJ about this situation. Now we'll see what will happen

UtOpiA StiLL uNBorN

Did they ship the order?

Many merchants have their credit card orders settle with the banks automatically once a day. If they were trying to verify something with the cardholder and were unable to verify it, they may have cancelled the order several days after it was intially placed, issued a refund to the credit card, and reversed the sale at that time. Perhaps the refund will appear on a later credit card bill. Just a thought...

Scott Marino
    WebUndies.com
    It's not just underwear, it's fun to wear!

CJ ~ 12% commission / 60 day cookies / unlimited actions / parasite free

Dup post

then, why they didnt send a mail like this "sorry we cant ship your order. we refund your money bla bla" ?

UtOpiA StiLL uNBorN

I just asked the question - did they ship the order?

Their site has online order tracking. Can you get the order number from your friend and try to track it online yourself?

Many U.S. based companies are afraid to ship Internationally. Some might simply cancel and order and issue a refund without even telling the person.

I'm not saying they didn't try to cheat you, I'm suggesting looking at one more piece of information before condemning them as crooks.

If they are up to no good, I'll be the first drop them from my aff sites too.

Scott Marino
    WebUndies.com

Scott,

here is the order status

Date of Order Received
    9/26/2003

Current Status
    Your order is now being picked for shipment

UtOpiA StiLL uNBorN

Are you sure you are talking about the same order? Or perhaps there was a duplicate that is being removed - I have had similar experiences but invariably one of the two things have happened. The "invalid credit card" seems to be the button most merchants hit as the reason, regardless of the reason.

Abigail

quote:
    Originally posted by Abigail:
    Are you sure you are talking about the same order? Or perhaps there was a duplicate that is being removed

Yes im sure.

UtOpiA StiLL uNBorN

If they have not shipped the order in almost 2 weeks, it seems that they might have decided to cancel it. Perhaps their tracking system does not update for cancelled orders.

If they tried to verify the credit card and were unable to do so (it's hard to verify with international banks), they might have cancelled the order and reversed it as "invalid credit card".

Your friend might try contacting them and his bank (to make sure they did issue a refund).

Scott Marino
    WebUndies.com

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    BizRate's user comments may shed some light http://www.bizrate.com/ratings_guide...xpml?mid=27609

Seems that if they do cancel and order, it may take several weeks for the credit to show. At least what some customer's are saying. Most of the negative feedback (10%) has to do with credit card issues and international shipments.

You may have to wait a bit to see if they really canceled your friend's order or not.

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    I've been working with strawberrynet for some time .. they seem to convert very well, and have a normal reversal ratio.

must have been some problem with your order.

---
    "What we think, we become."
    -- Gautama The Buddha

Although I said I'd had three sales reversed, I have to say that two of them *did* look highly suspect, one of them being a $4,500 order for perfume, which they claim was to Indonesia. Heck, that looks suspect to me.

So.. I'm prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt for now, simply because I *do* get dodgy enquiries about high value goods all the time, so from the evidence they presented it did look dodgy.

However, if they have problems shipping internationally, then maybe they shouldn't be so broad in their shipping range (i.e. everywhere).

________
    "All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast