Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I had a $60 budget. Which PPC do you think can drive a pretty decent traffic? Anyone?

Thank You

I would say Overture would bring you the best quality traffic and a lot of it. Findwhat.com isn't to bad either. I have had success with them.

ABW Ambassador
    Overture is really difficult for affiliates to deal with, and the minimum bid is 5¢. I'd suggest starting with minimum accounts in two or three of the search engines that allow penny bids. Give careful thought to your keyword list; the more relevant your terms are, and the more of them you have, the better things will go.

Before you start promoting a merchant with PPC, be sure you know how quickly you can expect to be paid if you produce results, because cash flow management can get tricky if your commissions are slow in coming.

Elisabeth Archambault

kowtowktulu,

I agree with buckworks who suggested to use one or some engines that have a minimum bid of $0.01.

Currently I use the engines available at my site to generate targeted traffic. All of them will fund your advertising account with some money, so you will be able to check them out for free.

Have a look

ABW Ambassador
    kowtowktulu:

I agree with buckworks.

Do you know the earnings per visitor for the site/merchant that you have NOW ?

I guess with that kind of budget, I would somewhat agree with Buckworks. I sure hate paying all those tiny PPC search engines for 5 visitors a day each though. And they aren't even quality visitors.

Overture delivers quality visitors, but they are just so pig-headed now-a-days. I stopped using them about two months ago. I just can't stomache going back. If you can deal with their stupidity, I highly recommend them.

That leaves TargetBlaster.com and FindWhat.com. Both deliver a real amount of traffic (versus those tiny little search engines that deliver 3-5 daily visitors). If you have the right keyword, you can get into TargetBlaster for 5 cents/click with a $50 deposit. That's the one I would recommend most. Here's the URL: http://targetblaster.com/bargains25

Findwhat is a close second. Even though they still accept penny bids, the reality is that you can't get more than one visitor every two or three days with a penny bid. You can still do well with a five cent bid there as appropriate. I still use them. Nice folks. Decent quality traffic. Decent quantity traffic.

Buckworks suggestion is good if you have a ton of time to sign up for all 200-300 or however many tiny PPC search engines are out there right now. I don't have that kind of time anymore.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>And they aren't even quality visitors.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I'm curious, Heather. How do you define "quality visitors" and how do you decide whether this or that search engine is sending them?

I've noticed you praising TargetBlaster before, but that puzzles me because the range of topics they deal with is so limited compared to a regular PPC engine.

Hi Buckworks,

I guess I should have defined "quality". I define quality as traffic which converts to sales at a high percentage for me. Overture: good, MaAndPasNewPPC.com: generally bad.

As far as I know, targetblaster works with any keywords. I have 6 with them. The only keyword they ever turned me down for was gambling related. I didn't think so (one of those fantasy sports things), but they did. No biggie.

It's the traffic that is on sale for 5 cents which is limited to just a few keywords. Something about unsold inventory or something like that. The ones listed look pretty good to me though. I'm probably going to get one of them for a new site today.

ABW Ambassador
    I agree on your definition of quality. It all boils down to ROI.

I'd be interested to know more about how you track your results. What tracking system are you using to tell whether a sale came from your Overture traffic or from Ma and Pa's SE traffic or wherever?

ABW Ambassador
    buckworks:

TargetBlaster is a "PPC Marketing Model" similar to BeFirst a sister company of FindWhat. They are not a PPC as we "generally" think of PPC. They spam the search engines and then direct the surfer through their pages to your site at rates [in our industries] that are twice the price of Overture. I can't comment on their editorial guidelines, if any.

>How do you define "quality visitors"
    At their site they explain:
    "With our traffic, you only pay for visitors who have been double-qualified.* First they click on a search engine listing or other mention of our site...* then they read more about your site before clicking a second time to visit your site.**That means that the visitors we provide know a great deal about your product or service and want to know more.* This method provides traffic that converts to sales at a much higher rate than regular search engine traffic!"

That may or may not be true since I have not used that service BUT I'm of the school of thought that putting an extra page in front of the action page would reduce the potential of the sale.

As far as tracking results goes, we use a different affiliate membership for each PPC to track ROI.

Hi Buckworks,

My shopping cart (came with my web host) has tracking built in. I just send different sources of traffic to different tracking URLs. My shopping cart software does the rest. I get a monthly report showing visitors, sales, sales $ and value per visitor. I just compare the value per visitor to the cost per click to establish "quality".

I dunno about Adams comments. I thought he was talking about a different targetblaster at first, but then he quoted their site. Then he says he hasn't used it. Go figure. That's not the targetblaster I use. I guess he has a bone to pick with the other site he mentioned that was part of findwhat (BeFirst). I'll go along with Adam there. I've never used that service, so I dunno.

ABW Ambassador
    The tracking with the shopping cart would be great for someone promoting their own products. I wish there was an easy way to track in that much detail for promoting other people's stuff!

One of the things I do is set up different "sites" within my account at CJ and use the tracking URLs on different pages that I promote in different ways. It gives me a general idea of how various forms of promotion compare, but not nearly as detailed as what you described.

For the Ma and Pa SEs I usually just set up a bunch of penny listings then leave them alone. For me it's worth setting up listings but not worth a lot of fussing. Those few visitors a day do add up pleasantly as the months go by. I have listings that I set up a year ago that are each still quietly sending traffic ... it works for me, as one more tool in the toolbox.

Hi Buckworks,

That's a good idea for affiliate programs like CJ! How clever!

I hadn't even thought about the problem of tracking affiliate sales by traffic source, much less the solution.

I have a few CJ links on the same page as what I sell. I've never been able to track them by traffic source. I have just assumed that whatever ratio of my own sales were from traffic source A was probably the same ratio as for my affliate sales. You propose a good method to actually find out.

I wonder how I can dynamically change the CJ link to another site when I see that my traffic source is different. Do you have a solution to that problem?

I sure agree with you about the penny Ma and Pa PPC SE sites. If you are going to mess with them at all, do it once and leave them alone. It's hard to justify the initial time spent, much less maintenance time!

ABW Ambassador
    Can I suggest another ABW member. Try searchany.com They should have everything your looking for, including a low minimum bid.

ABW Ambassador
    I have little problem justifying the initial time spent, because according to my CJ stats, my average EPC for my PPC promotions is substantially higher than the EPC for pages which get their traffic from the non-too-tender mercies of Google etc. (Alphabet soup, anyone?)

I know of no way to dynamically adapt a link depending on traffic source. It might be possible; I just don't know how. I usually just make a separate page to feature this product or that service when I'm promoting in the PPCs, and use CJ links specifically for that. Then I can tell whether a sale came from "search engines", "mini-site A" etc. The system gets messed up a bit if Google or other SE happens to find a page intended for PPCs, but that's a happy problem to have!

ABW Ambassador
    From what Adam says, that TargetBlaster lot sound like old school SEOs using dodgy doorway pages to drive traffic. I'm surprised it still works, but for anyone wanting to get involved with that, I would be very careful. It's not only the doorway pages themselves that might get banned, but the pages they point to.

It's also counterproductive to pay someone to send traffic to something other than your site - which is how this works.

ABW Ambassador
    They also seem to have a PR0 and that URL isn't in Google. Wonder why ?

Actually, as a disclaimer, I am not saying that people don't get traffic from this; just that you should be aware of what they are actually doing and how. Simply put, they are an SEO company using doorways and charging on a PPC basis.

What targetblaster are you talking about markymark? How can targetblaster be an SEO if they have a PR0? Does that make sense to anyone?

Did you even look at the example site they mention in their faq? Ask anyone into airguns if they've heard of Airguns HQ. They haven't heard of it because it's #1 at Google. They've heard of it because it's a well known useful resource for the airguns community.

I'm not going to tell you the domains of 6 sites I get traffic from (because that would give away my own URLs), but they are very similar to airguns-hq.

Everyone I've dealt with at targetblaster are very honest. I asked both Jason and Joalea to get on here and respond, but apparently they don't want anything to do with this forum because of a dishonesty by one of the moderators in the past. They wouldn't go into details.

I wonder if that person is markymark.

I remember all the hoohaa that went around the forums from the guy at targetblaster.. He's the one who uses Zeus, the whole Zeus, and nothing but the Zeus.. oh, and some huge crosslinking structures which produce 100's if not 1000's of inbound links..

If you want that type of traffic, and are already taking the risk from using these services and doorway pages, why not just do it yourself for free..

BTW, I'm fairly sure it wasn't markymark, as I remember some ding dong arguements between another moderator and the targetblaster guy..

ABW Ambassador
    Yes. Targetblaster is(was?) Jim Brausch (spelling?) I think. He's the one who published Leader's details at CJU.

His methods used to work well, but are now really outdated. His system was a sh*t-load of doorway pages and the like, but since google has been using this PR0 thing to catch spam like his, I doubt he has any decent rankings.

[ 06-03-2002: Message edited by: Pete ]

ABW Ambassador
    Heather,

As I hadn't heard of TargetBlaster until yesterday and haven't been on these boards for very long, I can say without fear of contradiction that it wasn't me they were referring to. I suggest in future you keep your ill conceived and nasty little insinuations to yourself.

And, yes, I did look at the airguns example. Looks like an optimized doorway page to me.

Heather,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>but apparently they don't want anything to do with this forum because of a dishonesty by one of the moderators in the past<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is an extreme misrepresentation! Jim was p*ssed when Leader was made Moderator and left, nothing else.

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    Heather2002, what exactly is your relationship to TargetBlaster? Was that an affiliate link you posted on the first page of this thread?

Hi Buckworks,

I am an affiliate, but I didn't post any affiliate links here.

If you mean James Brausch, I've only worked with him once. He seems just as honest and forthright as Jason and Joalea.

Since I know that the things just said about how targetblaster works aren't true (since I am a customer), I can see what Joalea means about the dishonesty here.

There are no doorways. There is no massive cross-linking. I would leave targetblaster if there were. Besides, you would be able to see it yourself since they publish the URL for one of their sites. Where are these cross-links? Where are these doorways? Grow up.

I really wonder about this board sometimes... talking up meta-tag keywords and $30 for 30,000 untargeted pop-unders. Talking down quality companies like targetblaster.

Live and learn. Like buckworks said: ROI is the right measure. I have only three sources of traffic that have a higher ROI than targetblaster. I have zero sources of traffic with folks that are as responsive, friendly and honest as the folks at targetblaster. Go figure.

Hi Buckworks,

I went back to look at my first post in this thread to see why you would think it was an affiliate link. It does look like one. It's not; it's just a page on their site.

In case you don't believe me, just go to their home page and hover over the 5 cent Traffic link on their navigation bar. You'll see that it's the same URL.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast