Affiliates market is dead with all those popup's ad filters,google tool bar blocked option, and the norton Ad blocking.
    my pages have top postions on searchies and super high traffic and sooooooo meny hits,but no epd.
    some of the visitors just can't see the ad's and the text links & the banners,some are trying to click on the ad's (open new window) but get nothing
    Buying online from us who using qksrv links become a pain to the visitors.
    i am despaired , i think meny of you view the very low epd they doing.
    i like that someone fron cj will post here that Affiliates market biz is as usual.
    (sorry for my bad english)

I agree that I'm having real problems generating any kind of income from CJ at the moment.. most of my income is coming from elsewhere and frankly I don't feel like spending more time putting up qksrv links that are either going to get blocked or leeched.

________
    "All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

You don't have to put up pop ups or banners. The 'open link in a new window' option is not good. Just use normal text links and ask your visitos to perform whatever action you want them to do. If they don't find what they were looking for, they'll hit the back button and return to your site. By the way, not all pop ups are blocked and not everyone has a pop up stopper on their PC.

Just some thoughts.

-----

Promote Your site for free

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Even though CJ is just a small part of my online income now, I'd have to disagree that affiliate marketing is dead.

There are some tough issues, certainly, and there are times when I do not know whether to slap CJ on the back with a thank you or upside the head for not jumping every time I say jump.

But overall, things are looking much more promising to me than they did this time last year, and that includes several converting CJ merchants. I am starting to actually believe that this Xmas season might just be a hit.

- - - - - - - - -
    This is your affiliate network -
    This is your affiliate network on Parasites -

ABW Ambassador
    elbowcreek,

Can I ask what online affiliate markets are working best for you? If CJ is a small part.

Just an FYI:

A friend of mine has done a survey on his site, and found that most people (over 77%) turn their ad blockers off when they see how boring many web pages look with all the ads killed.

Annoying as they are, banners and other ads on the page make it more colorful and interesting, even if you don't click on the ads. He also found that out of the people who have pop-up blockers, an astonishing 92% leave them on.

This is not a scientific poll by any means, just a poll on a high traffic site asking visitors about their ad blockers, pop up killers, etc.

Also, the 'open link in a new window' command is often annoying to visitors, and most (62%) will override that function to see the new window. But as a total, only 57% of the people surveyed knew how to override the open new window killer.

As I said, just a small sampling, but the percentages are interesting.

Andy

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Andy, thanks for sharing! That's good info to know.

RE: Open links in new window. I have been doing something for awhile now that I think helps.

Go to:
    http://www.5staraffiliateprograms.com/
    Mouse over the right side link for Irvs Luggage.

This seems to help me get bookmarks in addition to warning people that my links don't open in a new window.

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consultant :: Catalyst eMarketing.com
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit 5 Star Forum
    4LowRates ::ChatDollars :: ConsciousOne :: EveryTicket :: Organize-Everything :: Irv's Luggage
    DentalPlans :: Executive Essentials :: IntelliContactPro :: zZounds :: Roadloans :: More Soon!

quote:
    i am despaired

I am sorry you are having such a hard time. But, on this end, I have never had it so good. But, you see I stopped adding new CJ merchants quite some time ago. I also decided to check each and every merchant both here and against lists I have to see if there is any parasite connection what-so-ever.

Don't despair. Just realize you must give up old, comfey, familiar patterns and start making pages for merchants who will actually pay you for each and every customer that comes to them as a result of your efforts. If that means no more qksrv links, so be it. If it means going out on the net and finding your own merchants without a network, well do it. Soon, you will be singing a happy song, again.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

LISTEN! CJ don't give no whistles no more! I can hear the music of another piper!

quote:
    Originally posted by Andy:
    A friend of mine has done a survey on his site, and found that most people (over 77%) turn their ad blockers off when they see how boring many web pages look with all the ads killed.

Andy, das ist fantastisch! (sorry for my bad German)
    Well, anyway, how many ppl know that ad blockers exist? Also, how many ppl know how to get them and even how to turn them off? And how they got them in the first place. (Heheheh.)
    Anyway, I gotta tell you something maybe important. I have the Google's toolbar, and it blocks pop ups alright. But when I just went to my icommissions account to check my clicks (another heheheh), a window popped up about two new credit cards to promote. I'm too tired to investigate how they did it, but the fact is the toolbar didn't catch it. If you'll try to find out what and how, maybe it's just a bug of my IE, since I haven't updated it for months (I'm behind a firewall, so nevermind the holes)... Now I'm gonna eat and sleep.

ABW Ambassador
    Umm.. how scientific was that survey? How did he know they had it on? Turned it off? How did he collect this data? Who did he collect it from?

Seems a little thin until you explain.

Chet

I disagree. Affiliate marketing is far from dead. More dollars are being spent every month as e-commerce continues to grow.

The market is becoming more competetive for afiliates, but the strong are thriving. Yes, there are obstacles like parasites, pop-up blockers and ad killers, but there is still lots of money to be earned.

Used to be you could throw together a site, submit it for free to all the search engines, and watch the money roll in. Unfortunately, those days are gone. You now need to work smarter and unfortunately harder.

Direct - don't give up, learn from ABW and other sources, and keep tweaking your site(s).

It takes time to build a site that makes money. If I had to speculate, most of the top affiliates on ABW earn the most from their established sites. Many of them have spent months or years refining those sites to the point that they convert well and are well positioned with repeat users. What's that expression - "Rome wasn't built in a day".

Scott Marino
    WebUndies.com
    It's not just underwear, it's fun to wear!

CJ ~ 12% commission / 60 day cookies / unlimited actions / parasite free

quote:
    Originally posted by SSanf:
    quote:
    i am despaired

I am sorry you are having such a hard time. But, on this end, I have never had it so good. But, you see I stopped adding new CJ merchants quite some time ago. I also decided to check each and every merchant both here and against lists I have to see if there is any parasite connection what-so-ever.

Don't despair. Just realize you must give up old, comfey, familiar patterns and start making pages for merchants who will actually pay you for each and every customer that comes to them as a result of your efforts. If that means no more qksrv links, so be it. If it means going out on the net and finding your own merchants without a network, well do it. Soon, you will be singing a happy song, again.

_Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!_

__LISTEN! CJ don't give no whistles no more! I can hear the music of another piper!__

I totally agree. Improvise adapt overcome.

quote:
    Chet wrote: Umm.. how scientific was that survey? How did he know they had it on? Turned it off? How did he collect this data? Who did he collect it from?

Seems a little thin until you explain.

Chet

Did you read my post? It clearly says it in my post that it wasn't scientific, and that visitors were asked the questions.

I don't know why anyone would bother, but the answers given could have been incorrect. The only check that was run was to make sure the responses came from different IP numbers.

Thin or otherwise, take it for what it is.

Andy

I have to disagree with the comment "affiliate marketing is dead". It is far from that ... it is just becoming more difficult to be credited with the sales generated from your leads.

With so many variables stacked against the affiliate .. it is just more time consuming to continue to circumvent the parasite issues & other issues that are constantly waiting to swoop in and grab the credit from the affiliate.

I do have to say that our CJ sales are steadily declining even though the CTR has been steadily increasing. It is this very reason that has inspired us to slowly replace all our affiliations with partnered products that we directly distribute and sell from our cart to be accurately compensated for the sales.

Since our initiating this, our sales are increasing and not decreasing as they have been.

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board: Category: Programming / Coding

ABW Ambassador
    promotenew >> The 'open link in a new window' option is not good.

Maybe that's why my revenues have been dropping.

Can CJ elaborate on this? Should we go rebuild all our links with the new window option?

I disagree direct . Affiliate marketing is not dead. Ecommerce is just getting bigger and bigger and will continue. cj is starting to convert well now. They and shareasale and linkshare are the best converting for me. You just need to make pages and resource what people are interested in and looking for. Why do you think all the grocery stores are getting online. Because its the future. Keep on making those pages and do not open in a new window.... google toolbar blocks them sometimes. It beats the job... and will continue too.

Jason
    xtremeshopping.org
    aim: ssn jason
    Xtreme's partnership information

To be persuasive, we must be believable.To be believable, we must be credible. To be credible, we must be truthful. Edward R. Murrow

"you can do anything, if you put your mind to it!"

17. ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    "affiliate marketing is dead"

If you have most or all your eggs in the CJ basket it would probably look as though affiliate marketing is dead or dying.

Tracking issues, ad-blocking, and parasites are realities that take a bite out of your earnings, but they also seem to be useful diversions from the more serious issues relating to third parties themselves.

I don't like CJ's partnership with eBates, nor the one with eBay. Here are partnerships with two companies known to be unethical in nature. Who's next in the alliance? Network Solutions?

The very fact that CJ partners with such crooks certainly leaks alittle insight regarding their own brand of ethics.

Fortunately with the sudden rise of the Google Adsense Empire with already 150 million publishers (imagine a year from now) ...this will serve to bring greedy third parties and merchants to their senses ...because they'll be left with marketing types such as are avid posters at ABW.

Time to wake up and open your thoughts in a new window.

ABW Ambassador
    I figure we should expect a continued downtrend in EPC. Why? Well, as computers and bandwidth get faster, people will visit more and more pages between purchases. Also, the amount we get per page will probably drop. Why? because the number of pages about products is increasing faster than the number of products sold.

With all of these absurd little data fed sites, I suspect that many of the sites are having sales at a rate of perhaps 1 sale per 100 pages.

Affiliate marketing itself is becoming just more and more white noise.

Of course, the same thing happens with forum posts...there's just a bunch of three eyed green blobs yammering adding white noise to boards.

sound thinking

ABW Ambassador
    Affiliate marketing is indeed not dead. I am new to it myself, and in my first month only made $50, but last month (my 2nd) made $250 and am on track to do even better this month.

My husband who has been in affiliate marketing for ages, is a 5$ CJ member and is always tweaking his site and slowly diversifying to increase his income from am.

I would say that there is probably a lot more people doing am, thus more competition. On the other hand, there are definitely more people buying online. I for one, do as much shopping online as possible. With 4 kids under the age of 6, I prefer not to be in my car 24/7. Thus, I buy online. It is also a great way to compare prices and I can usually find free shipping and don't pay sales tax.

With anything, things may slow down, but as always, you just need to keep inventing the wheel to keep up with it.

REM....GO CUBBIES!!!!

If you are counting "ad blockers" to block those damn annoying pop-up and pop-under ads as one of the reasons why you aren't making money, then that's just tooooooooo bad. I hate those things! We don't have them in our magazine site, nor will we ever.

Perry

ClickMagazine.NET

I think it's not dead, but revenues at CJ certainly seem to be tanking.

Indeed, last month was my best ever and this month is shaping up to be better still. But that's not thanks to CJ.

________
    "All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

quote:
    With all of these absurd little data fed sites, I suspect that many of the sites are having sales at a rate of perhaps 1 sale per 100 pages.

So you need to find new ways to stand out above the noise. There sure are lots of "white noise" sites out there but I wouldn't place that label on "affiliate marketing". I get about 20 link exchange requests daily and when I look at my links pages all the sites look the same. I find it very easy to stand out above them.

Yeah, for the most part CJ has a lot of unethical and parasite loving merchants but you can still find some good ones to promote. You can find some great CJ merchants right here at ABW. Some can be found at the other major networks, too. Drop the deadbeats and parasites and build pages for the honest affiliate-oriented merchants. My sales have steadily improved with network and private merchants. Just know who to drop and who to promote.

Ernie

It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    quote:

I agree with Ernie.

While there are a lot of datafeed sites out there, many affiliates are VERY good at building ones that stand out and many affiliate sites I have seen are even better than the merchant site.

My Irvs datafeed affiliates are making tons of sales. In fact one ABW member that just joined Irvs last month - won a bonus his 1st month and already this month (his 2nd month) is our top producer. He built a great datafeed site and is on target to earn a 50% bonus.

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consultant :: Catalyst eMarketing.com
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit 5 Star Forum
    4LowRates ::ChatDollars :: ConsciousOne :: EveryTicket :: Organize-Everything :: Irv's Luggage
    DentalPlans :: Executive Essentials :: IntelliContactPro :: zZounds :: Roadloans :: More Soon!

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread