I was looking at the logs tonight and this was a portion of the logs.

Highest to lowest:
    Network: (what or who is network?)
    US Commercial: (same as above)
    Unresolved/unknown: (same as above)
    US Educational: (same as above)

Then unbelievably (to me) Canada came next then 4 other countries then the US.
    Amazing that canadians are coming in more to my site then my own! Guess its time to start rolling in the advertisers that allow other countries. I thought the UK, but they were way down on the list.

char

Network: addresses that end in .net
    US Commercial: addresses that end in .com
    Unresolved/unknown: Unresolved numerical addresses - that means it couldn't be identified as a .com, .net or whatever. Numerical addresses look something like this: 210.220.73.9
    US Educational: addresses that end in .edu

I would imagine that the majority of these addresses come from the US, if your site is in the US and in English, although .com and .net can come from any country. Not many people in the US have a .us address - mostly it's .com or .net. You're often more likely to find .ca (Canada) or .uk (United Kingdom), for example than .us. But even people in the UK generally have .com.

You're new to reading stats, aren't you? And I thought I was one of the really green ones around here! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Whether you really need to focus on merchants and advertisers that allow other countries is something I can't tell you. I would imagine it would depend on the nature of your site and who's coming around to visit it. But rest assured, you are getting far more US traffic than you think! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Thanks Janiss, yes very new at reading them. For awhile I just worried about the general, hits, visits and such. Now with being furtherly educated thru this board, I have the want to read more into things.
    thanks alot! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I get a bunch of hits from places like Africa and Brazil. Wasn't too sure until I got a contact from a viewer in Africa who was stationed there and needed an order sent to their father in the states and needed help shopping.

Before that, I thought I just got listed in a strange way and had visitors who couldn't shop with us.

My demographic stats say that only 1% of my visitors come from South Korea, yet my referrer stats show that more than 15% of visitors are referred from a page in Korean.

That's a fairly big gap! I tend to believe that 15% of my visitors are Korean. Alas, they never seem to buy anything!

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread