ABW Ambassador
    Does anybody know exactly when Google starts to power AOL searches, i know it's this summer, but does anybody know a specific date?

ABW Ambassador
    Can't find it now, but I believe that the AOL/Inktomi deal runs out August. On a related note, anyone got any info on the Yahoo/Google deal which runs out end of this month ?

I've heard nothing - I'm still rooting for Inktomi though I don't think they'll get it.

ABW Ambassador
    Thought I heard somewhere that Altavista was lobbying for that. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] Oh No!

Hope like hell it will be Inktomi.

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, they're all after it. However, only Google is not in a position to be able to pay/revenue share with Yahoo. Indeed, under the terms of the new Yahoo/Overture agreement, Overture are able to put their sponsored listings on the Google web page results pages - unless I have totally misread things. Though I doubt very much this would happen.

I think it already started because I saw a high increase in my link popularity on AOL, Hotbot and MSN without changeing anything. Could this be?
    Jonny

The current contract is set to expire August 1st, so some time before/around then we should be seeing google on aol..

On the google/yahoo thing, the head of yahoo a few months back said that they were very pleased with google, and hinted that they would be renewing with google (if not expanding their contract to cover the ad slots).. whether this eventuates or not is another matter.

TK

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, I saw that and they have said something similar very recently too. However, as I understand it, the terms of the Yahoo/Overture deal preclude any other sponsored listings on Yahoo, so that would make it difficult for Google to serve Adwords on Yahoo.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread