ABW Ambassador
    Blah its like bad news for me.
    they not crawl my site eventough my site listed in dmoz

what do you think about Fast/alltheweb?

[ 06-13-2002: Message edited by: zervo ]

ABW Ambassador
    "Yahoo will switch to alltheweb"

I sincerely hope that this is a hoax.

It's down to Inktomi, Fast and google, with Fast in the lead based on a few different things incuding $$.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Sux.

[ 06-13-2002: Message edited by: Leader ]

ABW Ambassador
    Wow - The bulk of my traffic has come from google, and lately from Inktomi since I've started using it.

Fast crawls my pages so often that I often wonder what percentage of my bandwidth it's sucking up; but off the top of my head, I can only remember seeing ONE hit from Lycos in the past couple of months :eek: :eek:

I like it, most of mine comes from MSN, Alltheweb and Yahoo...sorry guys but I've gotta smile [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Newbie question .. What exactly is the relationship between Fast and Lycos? If a page is in the Lycos index, does that necessarily mean that its in Fast? Lycos has been crawling my site this week .....

lycos uses fast's search technology.
    well i hope this doesn't happen, as alltheweb hasn't crawled quite a few of our site's for a while now unlike google.
    From yahoo's perspective i could probably see why they would find alltheweb's offer lucrative. If they aint going to continue using google as secondary results because they feel google is of course their main competitor (in some sense) then i would have to say i would prefer alltheweb over inktomi. As when alltheweb/lycos is crawling i do get fairly good result's, with their search algoronym, Which i personally feel is better than inktomi's in relevancy based, And could well be up their with google's, If it had more brand recoginition, Which a yahoo deal will undoubtly benifit alltheweb/lycos.

sal; yes you would expect to be indexed in both lycos/alltheweb if their bot come's crawling. It will just be a matter of when, If you submitted to alltheweb's or lycos's free submission, As i did notice when lycos launched Lycos's Select payment, They did slow down the indexing and updating of free submissions.

ABW Ambassador
    I hear this rumors from webmaster world. FAST guy said that he still talk with yahoo.
    I think it disaster for me if happened.

Lets pray yahoo will make deal only on google

just note: yahoogle relationship will expired in july

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    I like it, most of mine comes from MSN, Alltheweb and Yahoo
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

MJ how your site listed in FAST?, mine listed for a while then they dropped sunddenly :mad:
    Even they have paid inclusion so if i have 1000 pages, must pay 1000*$$$$ blahhhhhhhh........

Nothing against yahoo/alltheweb
    :cool: :cool: :cool:

Jonny

@Zervo, I really don't know, it's a mystery to me as I've never paid for inclusion anywhere and I've never listed it in any SE's.
    Maybe it's because the site has been going since '98 or maybe I'm just lucky.
    Whatever it is I'm very thankful [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    No, this isn't confirmed as far as I know. I have to say though that it will be a good thing - except that I will have to spend some more time on how Fast rank sites as their algo is a bit on the quirky side (well a lot actually). In terms of relevancy, they fall well behind Google and Inktomi - and Teoma for that matter. Still, they have a massive database and some good technologies (the image search for one is excellent).

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> In terms of relevancy, they fall well behind Google and Inktomi - and Teoma for that matter.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>weeeeeellllllllll behind.

When I read this thread I started doing some checking and frankly, I was appalled at the search results -- spoiled by Google, I am. I got some top rankings for my favorite search terms, but the rankings were for pages that LINKED to the optimized pages -- the optimized pages were nowhere in the top 20.

gak.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>weeeeeellllllllll behind.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's an understatement. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I just ran the names of 3 of the products I sell. I had the #1,3, and 5 position. But I never (or rarely) get any traffic from them. One of the pages (the #3 rank) was about 8 months old! At least....been so long I forget when I made those revisions....about 4 revisions ago I do believe.

ABW Ambassador
    even My dead site still listed there...ummm Fast like scrap garbage

the bad thing paid inclusion...so if you wanna #top should give em much bucks :mad: ...no freebies anymore

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread