Does anyone know what the merchants in CJ see
    when they check their own logs in terms of
    the affiliate links going to their site?

Specifically, do they just seek qksrv.affilid
    or do they see the url of your affiliate website itself? (ie abc.com) and not just qksrv.net...

I'm asking this because I don't see sales listed for a site I haven't list yet in my profile and am curious about that.

In my logs I see the affiliate's website url

Toledo Swords - Collectible Heirloom Armory
    http://www.toledoswords.com

Reflections,
    If you have not registered the site in your profile you will not have a unique PID for the site. CJ uses the PID (Publisher ID) to track the source of clicks. If the site is not registered, no clicks or sales will be attributed to it.

As a courtesy, you should also check that your advertisers approve of having their links in the new site.

Captain P=

Thanks that is helpful but can you explain this. If I use a code abc.com on a different site def.com what will appear in the merchant's logs? I don't think it will say abc.com if it is on def.com .... But would it just have the qksrv link without any url accompanying it? THanks.

I have accidentally used a PID for examplesite1.com on examplesite2.com. In my stats it tracked according to what the PID was, not what site it was on. CJ does have a spider that monitors your webs for adherence to the advertiser and CJ TOS (Terms Of Service), but I could not tell you if the publisher has any way of even knowing what actual URL you are linking from. I think you are risking having your commissions denied if you do not register it on your account.

Hope this helps

ABW Ambassador
    "I have accidentally used a PID for examplesite1.com on examplesite2.com."

I have intentionally did that when one PID began having its sales siphoned for my best converting merchants. Yes, you read that right.

Along as all the sites are registered, I can't see ground for denial of payment.

If a merchant enquires concerning this, educate them. I'd gladly tell them exactly why I intentionally did such.

ABW Ambassador
    I have asked Todd about this before, if it is ok with CJ if I recycle my original links and place them on my other sites (provided of course that those sites are also on my profile).

He said, yes, as long as there are no TOS violations like the websites having inappropriate content.

That was before the CJ spider.

Now, I'd like to invite Todd to tell us again if this is still ok.

The advantage of CJ allowing us to do this is that we can make a lot more websites if we don't have to go back to CJ to create new links for the new sites.

Todd even commented that although that is allowed, wouldn't it be better if I know where my clicks/sales are coming from?

But you know, it's a give and take thing. Would I rather have lots of sales that I don't know where they're coming from, or would I have sales that I know perfectly where they came from, but fewer - because of missed opportunities of not having the links sooner.

[This message was edited by waytogo on October 08, 2003 at 09:16 PM.]

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread