ABW Ambassador
    Does Inktomi have trouble accessing subdirectory pages?

Pages I submitted before last weekend got "page not found" errors, so I tried again with different pages and the same thing happened.

:confused:

ABW Ambassador
    Mine are OK.

Try opening the page in another browser to make sure you have the correct page and then copy paste the URL.

ABW Ambassador
    All good url's. The common denominator that I spotted was that all the ones that returned errors were subdirectory pages. This is why I wonder whether Inktomi has a problem with this.

They certainly have a problem with something. I paid for 12 pages recently and only two ever showed up in the pure search or msn. They are reporting clicks, but I don't know where from.

I

ABW Ambassador
    Just about the only thing I submit to Inktomi are sub-directory pages and I haven't noticed any problems in general.

However, I once had the same problem you describe. Had to contact the service provider (ineedhits) and they had to flip some toggle or flufer some bandzibiggle to make it work.

I've not had that problem with Inktomi but I have it a lot with Lycos InSite. Lycos seems to have problems with .cfm even when they don't have a query string.

All my Ink URLs are subdirectories. I even had one that was a PHP-Nuked URL with a lot of ? and = and & and even an ~ in it that was picked up quite nicely by Inktomi.

ABW Ambassador
    Instead of submitting www.mysite.com/subdir

try submitting
    www.mysite.com/subdir/
    or even better www.mysite.com/subdir/index.html

I've run into this problem a few times due to the default redirection that occurs.

ABW Ambassador
    I just checked and I also use www.mysite.com.cn/subdirectory/filename.html

@Icicle
    Click on the number beneath clks, and it will show you the keyphrase or words used to find your page, the date it was clicked and the ranking.

I had one clickthrough with a ranking of 322 :eek: How anyone has the patience to scroll that far I do not know. Maybe the concept that you need to be in the top 10 to get a clickthrough is all wrong? I dont think I will experiment with this theory though. Wait a minute, I already did [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Thanks Wayder! Thats kinda what Positiontech said. But what I meant was only two urls are getting found in msn etc.

Dunno why. They are standard Icicle type pages. Search engines love me. Usually.

I might wait a bit and see if it fixes itself. If it doesn't I'll do a spam chack - though they should be OK.

Wah.

Miserable Icicle.

At this point usually Austin comes and cheers me up. But he's gone. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

I

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread