ABW Ambassador affiliatemakeover's Avatar
    This is perhaps my finest effort to optimize a site for the search engines.
    www.familysave.net

It's only been live about 35 days, so it's getting 0 traffic. Rip me an SEO new one if you see something glaring.

Thanks, Jim Kukral

ABW Ambassador
    I'm not an expert but i checked your metas and i was always told not to repeat any keyword more than 3 times, or it might be considered keyword spamming.

ABW Ambassador
    AffiliateMakeover.com
    a quick look at your page and have a couple of comments. Firstly I love the design, very fresh.
    Now, I have to agree a little bit about the repetition of the word family in the keywords. Could be considered as spam.

Focus on the family is the first keyword so I presume that is the most important to you? I see it does get 40k+ requests a month but with 2.8 million competing sites at Google, I doubt your chances of a top placement. Analysing the page I see you do not have that phrase anywhere on the page (unless my program - which you know is still in beta - has missed them). Giving an overall density of 0.4% for the exact phrase and 12.48 for partial matching keywords. However, that is only if the search engine uses your keywords and description for page ranking - something I believe Google does not. This would worry me a little.

Also the most common phrases on your page are not your keyword phrases.

Family tree - 6 (should this be a keyword phrase?)
    Party Invitations 6
    family savings 4
    your family 4
    your email 3

The most common 3 word phrase is "to your email"

My point here is that after analysing many top scoring pages, I have found these things are important. Your main keywords should be the most common phrases on the page - and don't rely on META tags, use them in your body text. Also, I have found that not using keywords at all on the homepage boosts ranking - just let the search engine evaluate and find what the page is about. All other pages should use the meta tags.

It will be very interesting to see how well it does after being indexed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Rip me an SEO new one if you see something glaring.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you ready?

Family is a good keyword but

quote from google
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Searched the web for family. Results 1 - 10 of about 64,300,000. Search took 0.09 seconds.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> :eek:

Do you really expect to get anywhere with 64 million other sites competing against you.

Now if you went strictly after the keywords family tree you would stand a chance because there are 2.5 million other competing sites and still a great deal of traffic (15,800 per day).

My site is getting better everyday, but I am looking to improve my site standings in search engines. This is a newer concept to me, but any assistance is always appreciated.

www.teampb.com

Thanks

John

ABW Ambassador
    John
    I have has a look at keywords and again your most important keywords should be first. Maybe that is adventure, but with over 8 million competing sites at Google, I doubt you will get anywhere in the ranking.

Using more specific keyword phrases (which you could find by using Wordtracker - www.wordtracker.com) and then optimising pages for specific phrases would prbably get more visitors.

Have you thought about what a visitor might type at Google to find your site?
    I think you should target phrases like white water rafting, trout fishing, off-road adventure. Whatever Word Tracker throws up as profitable and relevant. Then make sure you use these kjeywords in your main text especially headline. Also sprinkle in North America a few times (META Keywords, headlines and body text) as many visitors look specifically for holidays in certain areas and therefore would include this info in their search phrase.

I like the overall look of your site.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread