Is it smart to put a comment tag in your page with keywords in it? I have seen it done on some pages but never really wanted to risk it for fear of spamming search engines.

I had them once for a while I didnt get banned later I removed them just in case..

too much risk for a golden disk.. lol I dont know why I said this..

ABW Ambassador
    United Kingdom
    I only know for sure that AltaVista reads them - I don't think any of the other search engines do. Not 100% positive on this, but it is an obvious type of spam so I guess most search engines ignore them anyway.

I've wanted to remove the comment tags for some time now. But, I'm getting great results in the SE's and I don't want to mess anything up. I'm going to experiment with a couple of pages and see what happens before removing all of them.

I've seen comment tags in the "head" section on some other sites. Does anyone know why that would be done? :confused:

remove them.
    I had a few on some of our client's sites then they suddenly got kicked off google about 3 or 4 updates back.
    I concluded the comment tags would have been the only thing that couldve got them kicked off.
    About 2 months later i finally got most of them crawled again, Hopefully they will appear in google's next update.

For other search engines i don't really know.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread