I'm just dipping my toes into Inktomi for the first time.. most of my paid hits come from the likes of Kanoodle etc.

So here's a novice question.. how much of your site do you submit to Inktomi? Every page, or just top level or subsection pages?

Let's say I have a storefront that lists basically everything on it.. should I just add that, or add the subpages too. Or just add the subpages with high-value items?

ABW Ambassador
    Dynamoo
    You need to submit every page you want listed. Inktomi does not crawl your site from pages you submit (would have a bad effect on their business model with page per page listings).

What I do is to find a product worth selling with good number of searches every month and more importantly, one that could get on page 1 of MSN (note there are a lot of other listings before web pages from Inktomi). When you find that product, build an optimised page and submit.

Submitting homepages would not bring much traffic unless your homepage was optimised for specific high traffic phrases. General shopping mall pages would be lost I think.

This is my experience of Inktomi (and a good experience it has been), if anyone knows otherwise, please let me know.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by perfectG:
    would have a bad effect on their business model with page per page listings<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry that should have read "pay per page" not "page per page"

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread