Can anyone give me some pointers on how to get listed in the major search engines? I've taken some of the members advice and added a few informational pages to my site but the only traffic I seem to get is from the ppc engines that cost money. If you would like to take a look at my site it's at www.carbot.net. Any suggestions to gain more traffic would be helpful. Thanks again.

ABW Ambassador
    It seems you havent been indexed yet by Google. I will be putting a link to your site later today. You should be in the next update. The 2 ways to get into Google, is submit your url at google or just have another site link to yours. Update is coming shortly so you have a good chance

ABW Ambassador
    You site looks nice, but some of the links are down - tell me to come back later or something.

Anyway, to get listed you do not need informational pages, just pages with text that can be optimised for search engines.

1. Use wordtracker to find competitive keywords.
    2. Write text on page so that each page is optimised for a different competitive keyword or phrase you found in (1). Use some sort of optimisation software if you think it would help.
    3. Submit to search engines (I submit every page, but some people say to only submit homepage or sitemap with links to all others)
    4. Wait for 2-4 months.

Thanks for your insite guys. I'd like to know which links you say are down because they seem to work okay from here. My site frames in some of my affilite links sites that sometimes have trouble loading from there end (stoneage.com). It's the same thing on their site.

Johnniebry: You said you would be putting up a link on to my site. Is that in response to the link exchange the other day? Anyway, thanks alot.

ABW Ambassador
    yep, later today i'll be working on my link partners page and i will add you

ABW Ambassador
    jb
    Take me to car classified section brings up this in a frame:

We are sorry, this section is temporarily unavailable. Please visit us again Tuesday, July 23rd.

Others do the same, but cannot remember which ones I checked now.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread