Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    I just opened all 3 googles www., www2, www3, typed in my url, and then click to see how many inbound links i have. There are changes between the main and the other 2. Dance is on.

[ 07-26-2002: Message edited by: johnniebry ]

ABW Ambassador
    yes, this time i see it also

ABW Ambassador
    woo hoo, i hope it stays like this

[ 07-26-2002: Message edited by: johnniebry ]

Yes, it's started. Looking good!

looks like google yet again is putting quite a bit of relevance on the meta description tag in this update.

ABW Ambassador
    I found cloaker inc everywhere, even they cj publisher :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees - last month I put a (mostly) TigerDirect store on the back of the content site and I've got loads of stuff ranked in the top 5. Even a very promising new term at #1

Dynamoo does a little dance cheek-to-cheek with Google.

ABW Ambassador
    Been waiting for this one.

What amazes me is that I have tried to optimise my pages in the same way. Some have got top 10 with 500,000 competing sites (even had one move to 2nd with over 1 million competing sites), yet other sites are around 30 - 40 with only 50,000 competing sites.

I get to the point where I think I know how to do this effectively and then strange things like this happen. Anyone know any reason why similarly optimised pages can be all over the place. I can understand why a page which competes with more sites gets lower ranking, but that is kind of the opposite I am seeing with some of my pages.

Perhaps I outta target high competition keywords [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Well, a few pleasant surprises.

Looks like me and Akoss and Cazzie will be playing a shell game with the Tiger cookies this month.

Next time maybe I'll try to optimize a few pages instead of just slapping them together like decoupage. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Trouble is.. people search on the damndest things, so it's only when you look at your access logs you find the strange things that people are looking for. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Darn these people and their free will - why can't they come for what we WANT them to come for? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dynamoo:
    Trouble is.. people search on the damndest things, so it's only when you look at your access logs you find the strange things that people are looking for. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Darn these people and their free will - why can't they come for what we WANT them to come for? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed Dynamoo, but it is worth pointing out to newbies that access logs do indeed tell you how your site was found. What they do not do is tell you how people are not finding your site. If you are not being found for the terms you want to be found for, then your page is not optimised properly for that search term. In this respect, logs don't help too much. Wordtracker is the way to go!

ABW Ambassador
    Hmmn..I'm pleased, the sites I've worked hard on have gone up while the ones I haven't have stayed pretty solid. Can't ask for more than that.

As for the meta description thing - I'm not sure. Can't see much evidence for an increased reliance on it in the algo; but I would be happy to be convinced otherwise.

ABW Ambassador
    I am a little worried, the bot hasn't been to visit my site since June 23. Added 12 more new pages. Think there is still time for the bot to find me?
    Cazzie [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

I'm also worried. The bot hasn't visited my site since 6/8 - I must be doing something wrong. Can anyone tell me the significance of the "revisit" tag? Is it necessary? I'm sorry if it's a stupid question but you guys are so great and I learn so much from you all.

Nikki

FREEBIE JEEBIES

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dynamoo:
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees - last month I put a (mostly) TigerDirect store on the back of the content site and I've got loads of stuff ranked in the top 5. Even a very promising new term at #1

Dynamoo does a little dance cheek-to-cheek with Google.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Moo,

I hope your train comes into the station Sir, it will be a pleasure sending you a fatty !! (check, that is) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Deelz:
    Well, a few pleasant surprises.

Looks like me and Akoss and Cazzie will be playing a shell game with the Tiger cookies this month.

Next time maybe I'll try to optimize a few pages instead of just slapping them together like decoupage. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<<< Andy sits back and watches his reporting logs as the 3 mouseketeers duke it out for the cookie >>>> [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Both FREEBIEJEEBIES and I asked if it is too late to be included in this update if the last time we were spidered was in June?
    Any chance of being spidered during the dance?

This index is awesome for my sites that were already included almost to good to be true. On the other hand none of my new sites were included. Either way I stand to increase my income substantially.(fingers crossed)

ABW Ambassador
    Things are looking good this month. Moving up in Google, Google started powering AOL search yesterday, also saw some traffic for Iwon, which Google also started powering. Hopefully www3. stays pretty much the same.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cazzie:
    Both FREEBIEJEEBIES and I asked if it is too late to be included in this update if the last time we were spidered was in June?
    Any chance of being spidered during the dance?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cazzie
    Noone has answered you, so I will (if at least to get someone to disagree with me and give you hope). No, it is too late to be spidered.

My understanding is that pages spidered earlier in the month are the only ones to be included. Maybe someone can tell me if I am wrong here?

As a note, none of the pages I submitted solely through a site map (list of new URLs) have been included. Only those I submitted manually (page by page) or possibly those spidered through existing links have been included.

Fortunately I was doing an experiment and only submitted half my pages through a site map. I have at least 60 - 70 new pages on old and new domains in this index and cannot wait for the index to go live.

ABW Ambassador
    Andy is spot on - even if those sites were spidered now, they won't be in this index.

I would go further and suggest that if you haven't been spidered since June - then you need to get some better inbound links.

To Andy,

There is no need to submit any page to Google. However, if those new pages were only on that 200 link long site map, I'm not surprised they haven't been included. Furthermore, I haven't seen a later cache date than 8th July for any of my sites - so that may be part of it.

Now is the time to start working on getting pages into next months Google. If there are pages you definitely want in, a link from the homepage will do it. Add those links now !

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markymark:
    [QB]
    To Andy,

There is no need to submit any page to Google. However, if those new pages were only on that 200 link long site map, I'm not surprised they haven't been included.QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the clarification Marky (look my 'k' is working now!

I wouldn't dare make a site map with just 200 links. It only had 50
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Its good and its bad for me - some of my power pages that were sitting in #1 to #5 spots have moved back to spots #30 - #50!! On the other hand a few that were sitting on higher pages are now moved into better spots. Possibly an algorythm change?? Anybody else get hit like this?

Another thing, one of my new index pages got picked up, but none of the pages attached??

:confused: :eek: :confused:

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Abigail:
    Its good and its bad for me - some of my power pages that were sitting in #1 to #5 spots have moved back to spots #30 - #50!! On the other hand a few that were sitting on higher pages are now moved into better spots. Possibly an algorythm change?? Anybody else get hit like this?

Another thing, one of my new index pages got picked up, but none of the pages attached??

:confused: :eek: :confused:
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Abigail
    the only time I have seen such dramatic changes in position were not algorithm related. I had made some changes after a merchant was deactivated. Seems like too big a drop to be algorithm. Don';t know what other possible answers there are.

I have had index page only additions too. But I think it was bacause that was the only page done prior to the Google closing date (about 8th of July I think).

ABW Ambassador affiliatemakeover's Avatar
    Holy moly. If www2 is right, I'm about to get a huge amount of traffic when it switches...for one of my un-named sites [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

The dance is definitely going.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast