ABW Ambassador
    I have been watching this dance with amazement. For the last few days, I have found my new pages in Google on www. Most seem to remain statically at their location, but one site has been jumping around between #5 and #2. Yesterday it was still at #5, today at #2. Irrespective of whether it is at #2 or #5, my new pages are in the index. Surely if they are swapping indexes from old to new, my new pages would disappear?

Do they do fine tuning once index is live?

Has the dance finished, and why am I seeing this happening on www, not www2 or www3? I don't understand the wya it works obviously. Any URL that explain the Google Samba in more detail?

ABW Ambassador
    Even during non-dance times, it's not unusual for newly spidered pages to show up in google for a couple of days or even a week... then they generally drop out and show back in at the next index.

Why? I dunno. But I always take it as a good sign that they'll be in for the next index.

ABW Ambassador
    Cedric
    Thanks for the reply, but the page I am referring to that hops between #2 and #5 is an old page that has been in the index for months now.

ABW Ambassador
    Don't think it is quite finished yet - I'm still seeing pages appear and disappear, change rank etc.

However, what you are seeing may be something slightly different. The more attention you pay to Google, the more you notice these kind of fluctuations - and they may go on all month. I have a site in the top ten of a very competitive category (28 million results) and it varies between #7 and #13 depending on the time you search.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread