Wow - this is my first post. I've been a lurker on these boards since CJ got rid of their boards. Really enjoy the discussion. Who knows, I might become a regular poster here if one post per year qualifies me as a regular.

Anyway, I was wondering if anybody has ever used, or considered using the epc ratings at commission junction as a guide for bidding on search terms at ppc search engines? I have a site that I want to promote via ppc and am hoping that using the merchant ppc figures at Commission Junction as a rough guide for bidding is a possibility as I don't have a clue as to what to expect as far as click-through or conversion rate. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    In my experience PPC campaigns get a better EPC than the merchant's overall network EPC, so if you start with the network EPC as your base for projections you'll usually be bidding within safe margins. Start conservatively, watch your stats and ROI, and bid more aggressively if results warrant it.

Suggestion: You can make your PPC campaigns show up separately within your stats. Set up a different "site" within your CJ account and use it to make the links for pages you promote with PPC.

Elisabeth Archambault

Thanks for the info Buckworks!

By the way, I've been to your site and read your webmaster articles before - really good info.

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks!

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread