I am considering shelling out the $299 to submit my shopping/coupon affiliate site to Yahoo. Can someone tell me if it really is worth it? Currently I am getting about 100 hits a day from Google. Will Yahoo deliver a lot more than that? Also, does Yahoo have a problem with affiliate sites like DMOZ? Thanks.

Yahoo! will list pretty much anything but remember, that's an annual fee.

The number of hits you get depends on the category you're in.. it does make quite a difference, but maybe you could let us in on the cat you're submitting to?

The Business - Shopping - Coupon section. Can someone give me an idea of the number of hits a day in this category or others similar? Thanks.

I, too, have been wondering if I should pay Yahoo the "Big Bucks" for a listing. My only concerns are:

1. It does not guarantee you a listing, only that you will be considered.
    2. It does not guarantee you a listing anywhere near the top.
    3. I might pick the totally wrong category.
    4. My dentist may tell me all four of my kids need braces right after I pay Yahoo.

I would definitely do it if it were not a recurring fee. It's just not fair that sites are in there, grandfathered, and don't have to pay. Will the sites already listed need to pay after a certain time or will they be grandfathered indefinitely?

I would find it doubtful that Yahoo would remove grandfathered listings mostly because of their unwillingness to remove anything from their directory [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Just look at all the expired domains that open up to search pages in their directory. Anyway though, I would also doubt it due to the fact they used to have a different fee structure of $199 one time.

As far as the power of a Yahoo listing, I have been very satisfied with all of mine. Just make sure you get your keywords in as many places as possible (title, description, URL, category).

The amount of traffic you get from Yahoo relies a lot on how well your category is, your title, description, url, etc.. I have one site in yahoo that gets about 5 clicks a month and another that gets about 50 a day. Do your research to find out how Yahoo is ranking sites in searches and utilize that. Really make sure you get your listing perfect the first time. It can be benefitial if done right. Good luck.

ABW Ambassador
    And therein lies the problem for shopping/coupon type sites - they are often too general in scope to be able to create an editor proof description.

Your money might be better spent using PFI instead.

ABW Ambassador
    I got listed in Yahoo just in time for a grandfathered listing. I have not been impressed with my traffic from Yahoo itself - maybe 10-20 a day, most of the time. I think the biggest problem is that for general "shopping" searches, a lot of visitors don't get past the front page because there's so many generic shopping links already there. For me the payoff from a Yahoo listing is that it does positive things to one's page rank in Google. This is significant because a site like mine cannot get listed in DMOZ.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread