Basically Kanoodle is "enhancing" their service and imposing a 5 cent minimum click from 1st August on all NEW accounts.. so if you want to sign up for penny clicks DO IT NOW.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    Dear Advertiser,

Thank you for advertising with Kanoodle.com. We appreciate your continued support and we hope that the experience has been, and will continue to be, positive and lucrative for you.

We are contacting you at this time in order to make you aware of an important change at Kanoodle. Beginning August 1, 2002, all NEW accounts opened with Kanoodle will be part of our FoKus program. This change was inspired by the overwhelming success of the program; large numbers of advertisers have taken advantage of the program and have been very happy with its many benefits.

You may be familiar with the FoKus program; in fact, you may already be taking part in the program. If you are not familiar with the program, you may find the details included here to be helpful. Services provided to advertisers who take part in the FoKus program include the creation of keyword lists that contain specific terms that will prove successful for the advertisers, the construction of quality titles and descriptions for the advertisers’ listings, and carrying out various duties related to efficient account management.

There is no charge for the services offered as part of the FoKus program, which represents a $300 value. It should be said as well that participants in the FoKus program will also benefit from some guidance that is invaluable; our Sales representatives are dedicated to sharing their expertise with advertisers, thus enabling advertisers to maximize their campaigns.

A five cent minimum bid will be in effect for all accounts opened on August 1 or thereafter. This minimum bid will apply to all terms in these accounts, and will allow advertisers to achieve higher placement in the search results of Kanoodle’s many partners.

It is important to note that your current account and any accounts opened prior to August 1 will not be subject to the five cent minimum bid unless you decide to take part in the FoKus program. Due to the positive reinforcement provided by advertisers who are taking part in the program, we would highly recommend participation in the program to all advertisers. In order to request additional information related to the FoKus program, or to sign up for the program, please contact us at sales@corp.kanoodle.com.

Thank you very much for your attention to this email, and best wishes for continued success in all your endeavors!

The Kanoodle.com Team http://www.kanoodle.com
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Ouch. People just don't respect the value of a penny anymore, do they?

Nope [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Most of my bids are one to two cents. If you're paying 5 cents you may as well use Oversure, which is what Kanoodle seems to want to turn itself into (i.e. a disaster)

RAts, I deleted the email I sent them about this hokus foKus bit. Essentially told them that I left Bend Oversure a year ago and never missed it.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>It is important to note that your current account and any accounts opened prior to August 1 will not be subject to the five cent minimum bid unless you decide to take part in the FoKus program.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No change for existing customers then. Or did I miss something?

Yeah, but my little penny and two cent bids will get buried in the newer customers. It's just a matter of time before my little bids are not bringing in any traffic.

Kanoodle has made a lot of changes in the last year, and none of them are much to my liking. I think the days of my use of ppc are numbered.

In just a few short months they've turned themselves from the quick and cheap PPC engine that we all knew and loved to an overpriced monster.. <sigh>

ABW Ambassador
    I will agree with that, but I am not sure that it will change anyone’s strategy here yet. It will also take Kanoodle a while to get around to dumping the 1 cent policy as they will have to build up a new customer base that accepts the min 5cents.

On the other hand, they are taking our carefully thought out key phrases and selling them at a premium, and it does make me think twice about offering them any further business.

It’s like playing poker, having to declare your hand to the dealer, who then is allowed to sell the information, so others can bid against you or know when to fold.

Dumb question I am sure, but why would you (in Joe Public mode) use kanoodle to search the web?

Gary,

Most of Joe Public who end up seeing the ppc results (outside of BendOversure) are using a partner site/engine that pulls results from the ppcs. For instance, back in the old days I loved mamma.com for metacrawling. It switched to being a metacrawler of the ppc's. My hits at GoPile went up, since they were a partner, but the actual GoPile hits were still pitifully small.

That said, I've never looked into who Kanoodle's partners are. I used to have some good conversion from my fast and cheap Kanoodle listings.

I agree with Wayder. 7-search is going the same way.

It's not a huge player, but the great thing has always been that the minimum cost was 1 cent, you could instantly add listings and there's no monthly minimum spend (unlike Oversure). A penny click is always going to be great value [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Now the clicks are more expensive (but they'll still be cheaper than Overture), submissions have to be approved (which is becoming standard). Still no minimum spend, so even with these changes Kanoodle still looks promising.

I actually liked being trusted with my relevancy. I agree that adult vs. family friendly divisions should be made, but if someone is stooopid enough to bid on non-relevant sales terms, they pay for it. I added terms today and it says it could take up to 3 days.

Ah, for the days when my terms went live immediately and I woke up with sales at cj from my Kanoodle traffic only!

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread