Crawling around my site today!

Googlebot crawled my new site today as well! The only problem is that it crawled about 5 hours BEFORE I got my new, "google optimized" pages up. I told you google hates me. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] It's like it knows what I am trying to do... It is probably putting sugar in my gas tank as I type this.

Core

So sorry. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

I got about 30 pages up yesterday.....so maybe.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador affiliatemakeover's Avatar
    I see Paris, I see France, I see Google's underpants.

Seriously, Google hit one of my sites hard 2 days ago, and I mean hard. My stats tripled. I didn't think it was possible.

Doing great with Google, but thrilled to see some hits today by Looksmart, Overture and Ask.

How do I know if the googlebot has visited my site again?

By the way, affiliatemakeover - I just visited your iquit.org site and I absolutely LOVE it! I wish I knew of your site when I left the corporate world for good last year - your "sarcastic" version of a resignation letter would have been simply perfect for my old boss!

I just developed a brand new site over the weekend and see the googlebot has been there 4 times since then. Darn, I did not even get the meta tags set up with title and keywords yet. Sure hope that does not affect my ranking or listing with them.

I'm just amazed they found me. I did not have any links from anywhere else to my site. However, this was an expired domain name, so maybe there are some existing links somewhere. I looked at archive.org and found nothing there for a prvious site with this domain. Can anyone tell me a good search tool that would list where there are links to my site? I know I've used one before, but can't remember what it was.

ABW Ambassador
    Well fk a duck and screw a ginny....

Most of my sites were down yesterday, and if I get the boot from googly goo in the next reindex, I will bill my host for lost earnings....time to find better hosting!!

Sorry to hear that MsMary. That really stinks. The sad thing is that I can relate to your story. Inktomi's bot "slurp" came by all of my sites the night before last and all of them were down. (Thank You Interland :mad: )

Needless to say I am moving everything to Rackspace today and should never have that problem again. It's hard enough to get listed well in search engines without having your websites be down for the "big show" (the spider stopping by).

Core

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread