say a site has products a, b, and c. each has very different profit margin. i want to know if people coming from keyword "x" are actually spending more than those coming from keyword "y," and exactly what are they buying. is affordable software available to track what specific product each person coming via a specific keyword is eventually buying - a, b, or c?

that's probably clear as mud, but thanks in advance for replies.

Hire a progrmmer, it's not so hard with php/mysql to do that kind of thing and I suspect you could even do it with *shudder* asp.

I do that kind of thing from time to time and it definately would cost you less and be of more use than trying to install some dodgy 'everything but the kitchen sink' software...

Nick

Thanks to Oveb:
    PHP alone ought to do it.

Fantastic! You could actually do that without php, it just means manually adding the keywords and html page instead of getting it from the php vars... just means you have to put in a bit more work ;-)

Nick

On non-PHP pages I've tried to get into the habit of adding an SID to the link so I know what link got clicked from what page that merchant is on. I have to say that I'm not having a lot of success with the habit yet, but the positive reinforcement of seeing where the sale came from could change that.

OTOH, it could mean that my energies towards programming will just increase and all new pages will eventually be PHP or something like that.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread