Our keywords are changing ranks and traffic has picked up. I don't think it's the real deal, just a mid-month mini-dance?

I wouldn't get too excited just yet [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Google messes with it's DB all month, every month. Minor fluctuations in keywords and PR are not uncommon.

It's also not uncommon to see new sites not in the index yet play "peek a boo" in the main DB weeks before full inclustion.

Hang in there, it'll be around in a week or two....

Nick

Hi
    Well I hope it keeps the rankings showing on
    www2 and www3 for some of my keywords as they seem to be doing a lot better.

As for traffic, well I have certainly seen an increse in visitors but the best thing is that I have had more follow ups for business which in real terams meens that we are getting money from the site.

Oh what a wonderful thing the internet is.

regards John

ABW Ambassador
    I didnt think anything was changing, thought it was early but then i went to http://www.fm-transmitter.com/ where you can check all 3 googles at once, and found i had moved up, nice

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I knew something was happening with Google the minute I saw some contest leads come in.

I have a page of game-site and contest links that I never got around to deleting, but never promote, either. I actually thought I *had* deleted it, until I saw the leads still appearing...I'm not sure what caused it to be spared! Maybe an ice-cream man drove by at the fateful moment...

Anyway, this page ONLY generates leads and imps DURING a change in Google (both the mid-month Larger Mini Update and the Real Thing). Never before or after!

I've long given up trying to understand why that page only gets any kind of rank during a change in the index--but it's been an accurate signal for almost a year. About a week after a contest lead shows up, the new index is settled--and the page goes "dark" again for another 2-4 weeks.

I actually wouldn't want to delete the page now because of that factor alone, even though I haven't updated it in months. (The 40c a month or so it generates isn't worth the bother of opening up the HTML editor. (When I DID update it, it didn't help the results much which is why I quit bothering!)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Oh what a wonderful thing the internet is.~John<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I love it!

[ 08-15-2002: Message edited by: Leader ]

ABW Ambassador
    This kind of stuff happens every day on Google these days - it is far from a dance.

It may not be an official dance, but it is very nice, indeed.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread